• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Merge separate boards for the same game

User Info: SuperVegito2487

SuperVegito2487
3 months ago#41
*Sign*

The differences are why they SHOULD be merged.. otherwise some people playing on the less popular device could easily have problems getting help for version exclusive issues

Example: Just Cause 3 had a ram leak on pc. Pc board was dead. Ps4 board was active but since its a pc issue any topics about it would likely be removed if asked on the ps4 board.
L.J.Gibbs: Rule 51:
"Sometimes You're Wrong."

User Info: Jacien

Jacien
2 months ago#42
I'd like to see this applied to stuff like games with multiple versions on the same console.

Like for Pokemon games. ESPECIALLY for Pokemon games. Like 95% of versions are the same.

Hell, even cross-platform games like Final Fantasy XIV could work with this too. Even as an online game, PC, PS4, and Mac all play on the same servers.
"Just because it appeals to children doesn't exclude me from enjoying it."

User Info: KajeI

KajeI
2 months ago#43
Flairs easily mean people can distinguish which topics are meant only for a specific version of the game without having to go into the topic itself, so I'll sign.

*Sign*
I made a suggestion to improve the site, have a look if you're interested:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/77308118

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
2 months ago#44
reiko sawamura posted...
Anti-sign.

The moment you need to introduce flairs to a board just to differenciate from different versions, you show why the game needs multiple boards.

Objection!

The differences between the ports are very minor, otherwise it’s the exact same game across the different systems. The boards that should be merged should be hand-picked. If there are a number of significant differences, then they wouldn’t be merged. Plus really old 80s games don’t need multiple boards as they’re all mostly dead anyway. They only need one.
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

User Info: SNS

SNS
2 months ago#45
*Comment*

I will only consider signing if the old posts are preserved. The way the current GameFAQs is set up does not allow the transfer of topics between boards.

If "merging" the boards, means deleting the active and archived topics from the board of the less popular version, then I strongly object to this idea.

Either there should be a big update to GameFAQs to allow the transfer of topics between boards or the board itself for the less popular version should be archived so the topics can still be accessed in some form (the board would just no longer accept new topics).
"A bear stole my glory! He looked a bit like you!"

User Info: Yomi

Yomi
2 months ago#46
*signs*
Chez moi, il fait beau.

User Info: Skillet05

Skillet05
2 months ago#47
Signs
----- -----

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
2 months ago#48
SNS posted...
*Comment*

I will only consider signing if the old posts are preserved. The way the current GameFAQs is set up does not allow the transfer of topics between boards.

If "merging" the boards, means deleting the active and archived topics from the board of the less popular version, then I strongly object to this idea.

Either there should be a big update to GameFAQs to allow the transfer of topics between boards or the board itself for the less popular version should be archived so the topics can still be accessed in some form (the board would just no longer accept new topics).

I have no idea if merging boards is possible without deleting active and archived threads. I wouldn’t want them to be deleted either. Perhaps the old boards would be completely archived including active threads, accessible from the most active board which would become the main board for all the versions of the game. Old boards that have become archived would obviously not allow any new comments or threads on them.
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

User Info: TheReasoner1

TheReasoner1
2 months ago#49
M0NSTER_ posted...
TheReasoner1 posted...
They don't have to actually merge the boards, but they could give us an option to view all the topics from the different boards on one page.

That seems like over complicating things.

I don't know what you're imagining, but it really would not need to be complicated.

The only detail to work out would be 'what happens when you try to create a topic?' on the "merged" board. Basically they'd need to add a drop-down menu or something, to choose which board your topic is actually being created on.

I'd be happy with them merging the boards for real, but the people running the site have said many times that they won't do that. So this is a compromise that basically gives us what we want.
signature

User Info: wellington

wellington
2 months ago#50
FarplaneDragon posted...
Please search through this board before posting. This has been shot down endless numbers of times.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/75659876?page=1

#20 is from the Admin himself
calling all chess fans http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=576430
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Merge separate boards for the same game
  • Topic Closed