You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Merge separate boards for the same game

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
1 month ago#31
DragonAtma posted...
*anti-sign*

Games often have minor but significant differences. Wind Waker, for example, suffers from too much ocean and too slow travel. If it was merged, people would respond "lol use speed sail" -- but that only exists in the remake, not the original.

Then have console flairs so you can tag your thread if it only applies to one console or another.

Problem solved. No more trouble, right?
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

User Info: Emulator

Emulator
1 month ago#32

Yeah.
"It is not death I fear, I just fear doing nothing in life!"
http://karma.hardcore-tm.com/?user=Emulator

User Info: Dark_Abaddon

Dark_Abaddon
1 month ago#33
this honestly needs to happen.

people already just go to the most popular board for that game anyway...
Gaming while on a treadmill

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
1 month ago#34
Mods and Admins could all have a say in which games should have the versions merged or not. People want to be mods and if we added a few extra duties, it would open up a few more positions to do things like this.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: Solid Sonic

Solid Sonic
1 month ago#35
This more has to do with the fact that no one ever visits anything but the PS4 board if there is one.
Washable toilet paper.

User Info: TheDogfather

TheDogfather
1 month ago#36
Dark_Abaddon posted...
this honestly needs to happen.

people already just go to the most popular board for that game anyway...

I am guilty of this.
I'd rather look at virtual horse balls than a post from UR. - __aCEr__

User Info: reiko sawamura

reiko sawamura
1 month ago#37
Anti-sign.

The moment you need to introduce flairs to a board just to differenciate from different versions, you show why the game needs multiple boards.
It's a higher power telling me through bunnies that we're all gonna die!

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 month ago#38
reiko sawamura posted...
Anti-sign.

The moment you need to introduce flairs to a board just to differenciate from different versions, you show why the game needs multiple boards.

So, each flair right now also needs to be a separate board?
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: wellington

wellington
1 month ago#39
reiko sawamura posted...
Anti-sign.

this
calling all chess fans http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=576430

User Info: Solid Sonic

Solid Sonic
1 month ago#40
I actually agree with the use of flairs for platform-specific stuff (like matchmaking) as opposed to multiple console boards.

At this point people frequent the PS4 version's board and openly admit they're not playing that version. If that sort of discussion is allowed without being off-topic then you might as well make it official.
Washable toilet paper.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Merge separate boards for the same game