You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Merge separate boards for the same game

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
4 weeks ago#11
Happy1912 posted...
What’s going to stop a fan of X system going to Z system flair to cause trouble? Nothing really. Then it’s just gonna go down hill fast.

What's going to stop a fan of X system's game going to the board of its port on the Z system to cause trouble under the current system? Also exactly nothing.

The solution in both cases - mark troublemakers as people who are causing trouble, as it has always been.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/qavbtaQ

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 weeks ago#12
DragonAtma posted...
*anti-sign*

Games often have minor but significant differences. Wind Waker, for example, suffers from too much ocean and too slow travel. If it was merged, people would respond "lol use speed sail" -- but that only exists in the remake, not the original.

I don't think OP was suggesting to merge *remakes* with originals. More like merging *the same game* across platforms. Case in point - I've played the Legacy of Kain: Defiance series on PC but I visit the PS2 board because it's the most active. The things discussed there are about the story, which means that there is virtually no difference what platform the game is. I've also seen console players mistakenly ask a question on a PC board of a game I also visit. They usually get an answer unless the question is something like "What button do I press for X" which can, of course, be different. But a flair is really all that is needed.

In a lot of cases, remakes/remasters are actually not too different but I think having them on a separate board might be OK. After all, if suggestion is implemented and the games are pretty much the same, the game would have two boards. This is a lot better than 6+ boards (PC, PS, Xbox, for each edition) which totally fragments the community.

*signs*
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
4 weeks ago#13
Even if they only merge the same version across platforms, there may still be differences. It may not be as big as Twilight Princess (where the Gamecube has the entire map backwards), but enough to cause issues. There's also mods, which may be limited to certain platforms (especially for older games).

Finally, yes, fans of system X may go to a system Y board and cause problems, but it'd occur much more often if you force the system X and system Y fans to share a board.
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
Ceterum autem censeo Gamefaqs separandam esse.

User Info: _Marka_Ragnos_

_Marka_Ragnos_
4 weeks ago#14
DragonAtma posted...
Even if they only merge the same version across platforms, there may still be differences. It may not be as big as Twilight Princess (where the Gamecube has the entire map backwards), but enough to cause issues. There's also mods, which may be limited to certain platforms (especially for older games).

Finally, yes, fans of system X may go to a system Y board and cause problems, but it'd occur much more often if you force the system X and system Y fans to share a board.

True but the alternative is what we have now which is one board is active and the others are on life support when we could have one universal board with a larger audience as I don’t think the “console war” so to speak is even relevant now that almost every game is multi platform.

And yes I wasn’t talking about remakes or remasters. Obviously those would be separated out. This would be for games like The Witcher 3 or Fallout 76 where we split the community that plays and enjoys the game for no reason.
My Home Theater: https://imgur.com/a/la41r

User Info: TheReasoner1

TheReasoner1
4 weeks ago#15
They don't have to actually merge the boards, but they could give us an option to view all the topics from the different boards on one page.
signature

User Info: Emulator

Emulator
4 weeks ago#16
Useful.

*signs*

@happy1912
They can add flairs for each console to prevent console wars (though chances are less).
"It is not death I fear, I just fear doing nothing in life!"
http://karma.hardcore-tm.com/?user=Emulator

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
3 weeks ago#17
Some sort of merge would be nice, even if there are some minor differences. Major differences, like FFIV DS would still have it's own board. But other ones like FFVI and FFVI GBA should be merged... Just seems silly to have so many boards for the same game.

TheReasoner1 posted...
They don't have to actually merge the boards, but they could give us an option to view all the topics from the different boards on one page.

However, this might be a much better idea.

Either way, this is ANOTHER topic I sign every single time it's brought up.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
3 weeks ago#18
*sign*

TC brings up a good point, the tag flair system has eliminated the need for multiple boards of the same game for a different console. You would simply mark your topic [XBONE] in the flair if it pertained solely to something in the xbox version.
Loves of my Life: Sora and Namine | Reading Jojolion
'It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts.' -keybladesrus

User Info: Unknown Nomad

Unknown Nomad
3 weeks ago#19
Signs
Hey there small business man!

User Info: wellington

wellington
1 week ago#20
*antisigns*
calling all chess fans http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=576430
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Merge separate boards for the same game