• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. STOP ARCHIVING OLD BOARDS (unless they are, I dunno, half a year old, at least?)

User Info: CharlesMabe

CharlesMabe
4 weeks ago#1
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/76506888

You are preventing discussion. Your automated system prevents people from talking. It kills discussion. Furthermore, you people don't even respond to site suggestions, instead letting the automated system archive that suggestion.

If you are not being a bunch of fascists, you sure are allowing the archiving system make you appear like a bunch of fascists. Or do you guys just "do things because that's the way we do them" instead of trying to think about how your decisions affect the website? Either way, this does not make you look good.

Archiving topics is an archaic automation, no longer needed after the age of decent amounts of storage in hardware. You shouldn't just do things because that's what people did before. It makes no sense to archive topics anymore (especially quickly), and it KILLS discussion.

I have been using GameFAQs for over a decade and this is still my number one issue with the site. Most of the time I don't have TIME to complain. And you better believe there are lots of others who want to complain but don't have the time or motivation to open up a topic.

XKCD once made a comic about the same issue, but talking about Stack Exchange. We all understand this topic-closing problem, because we're all a bunch of humans who have found GameFAQs' or other sites' topics through a search engine and they were closed to our frustration. Get with the program. Think about how your choices affect things.
Keep your mind mature and your heart child-like.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
4 weeks ago#2
CharlesMabe posted...
If you are not being a bunch of fascists,

this is a good way to start off a suggestion topic.

Not that I don't agree with the result you're aiming for, but Jesus. >_>
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/qavbtaQ

User Info: CharlesMabe

CharlesMabe
4 weeks ago#3
Eevee-Trainer posted...
CharlesMabe posted...
If you are not being a bunch of fascists,

this is a good way to start off a suggestion topic.

Not that I don't agree with the result you're aiming for, but Jesus. >_>

Based on their archiving of this suggestion before and not responding to it, yeah. It makes them look very questionable.
Keep your mind mature and your heart child-like.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. STOP ARCHIVING OLD BOARDS (unless they are, I dunno, half a year old, at least?)
  • Topic Archived