Question about the games on the site (Ask the Mods sent me here)

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Question about the games on the site (Ask the Mods sent me here)
I was sent here with my question, which I asked in "Ask the Mods". Dear support of Gamefaqs site, tell me please, is it possible to display all existing games in the world, not by alphabet, but by the release date? For this, I used the "gamespot" site, but now, they have the problems with the search engine and the display of games. I wrote to technical support of the site, explained the situation.They told me, that they will deal with this problem. But when the problem will be solved - unknown. If you make the list of all the games on some game platform, for example, all games for pc, 3ds, and e.t.c, and it does not matter if you display it by the release date, or by letters, games that can be found through a regular site search are not displayed in this list. I use "Gamespot" site, and their lists of all existing games, to buy retro games. And I buy games in the order of the year, not by alphabetical or other order. I can see that the gamefaqs also have a list of all the games that have been released in the world and all the time. But I do not see if it's possible to display a list of all the games not in alphabetical order, but by the release date of the game.

Thank you!

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 week ago#2
BlackPanthera90 posted...
Dear support of Gamefaqs site, tell me please, is it possible to display all existing games in the world, not by alphabet, but by the release date?

I'm not from support but I think I can answer:

1. Go to the Search page - you can click on the little magnifying glass button in the search box at the top or use this link:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/search?game=

2. Next go to the Advanced Search tab - it's near the top of that page, just under the title. This will give you more tools for searching. If you want to go directly there, you can use this URL:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/search_advanced

3. Click on the +Sort button in the Filters section. I'm not really sure why it's in the filters, since I consider sorting to be a separate concept entirely but there you go.

4. You will get a new dropdown to select how you want your results sorted - choose Release date (oldest to newest) from there. At least I assume that's what you mean - you can also sort newest to oldest, if you want.

5. Leave the other fields as they are - the search box empty. Just to make it clearer, you will have this search defined:

https://i.imgur.com/SuVSC3R.png

6. Now hit Search and wait a bit. This will probably take a bit longer than a "normal" search but you will get results. You don't get ALL games shown at once, you still need to go to different pages to see them but you will have the result you wanted.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Actually, there is some extra info you might find useful - if you do the above but search for games that are newest to oldest, the "newest" games you would get actually have an unknown release date, have been cancelled or the date is listed as "TBA" (could also be something like "TBA 2020"). If you want to get games with concrete releases, then add a filter for Release Date and set it to "Previously released" - in that case, the newest games start at 2018.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: BlackPanthera90

BlackPanthera90
1 week ago#3
vlado_e posted...
BlackPanthera90 posted...
Dear support of Gamefaqs site, tell me please, is it possible to display all existing games in the world, not by alphabet, but by the release date?

I'm not from support but I think I can answer:

1. Go to the Search page - you can click on the little magnifying glass button in the search box at the top or use this link:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/search?game=

2. Next go to the Advanced Search tab - it's near the top of that page, just under the title. This will give you more tools for searching. If you want to go directly there, you can use this URL:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/search_advanced

3. Click on the +Sort button in the Filters section. I'm not really sure why it's in the filters, since I consider sorting to be a separate concept entirely but there you go.

4. You will get a new dropdown to select how you want your results sorted - choose Release date (oldest to newest) from there. At least I assume that's what you mean - you can also sort newest to oldest, if you want.

5. Leave the other fields as they are - the search box empty. Just to make it clearer, you will have this search defined:

https://i.imgur.com/SuVSC3R.png

6. Now hit Search and wait a bit. This will probably take a bit longer than a "normal" search but you will get results. You don't get ALL games shown at once, you still need to go to different pages to see them but you will have the result you wanted.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Actually, there is some extra info you might find useful - if you do the above but search for games that are newest to oldest, the "newest" games you would get actually have an unknown release date, have been cancelled or the date is listed as "TBA" (could also be something like "TBA 2020"). If you want to get games with concrete releases, then add a filter for Release Date and set it to "Previously released" - in that case, the newest games start at 2018.

Thank you very much! I love you :* :D

True, gamespot games were in a different order, and not in what they show in the year of release, but still not bad. I saw once, that some games that are on gamespot are missing on gamefaqs, like "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" for PS1 and " Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai Special" for ps1. For this reason, I will carefully watch the list, in the hope of not missing anything :)
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Question about the games on the site (Ask the Mods sent me here)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.