A series of potentially helpful suggestions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. A series of potentially helpful suggestions

User Info: PrinceRhaegar

PrinceRhaegar
3 months ago#1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GeCPanRHU0
Listen to while you read maybe

1) Inside your user settings where you can give yourself a color, or your friends a color, you should also be given the option to give the TC of any given topic a color. So if i'm pink, my friends are light blue, and TC is green, I'll always be able to quickly locate TC's posts. Especially helpful for users who use 50 posts per page. This is also something the website clearly tries to help you with (by putting the (Topic Creator) stamp on the posts below their name), but having a color is a better way to do so

2) Highlight unclosed tags of bold/italics/spoilers/cite/quote/code segments. It shouldn't be too hard to program that in, as there are many code-writing programs which assist you with just that. If it's too hard, a similar version would be to simply change the font, font size, color, or boldness of anything within < > marks in order to help the user easily find them to see which one is messed up.

3) This one is rather unimportant, but I feel like your social media icons at the bottom are rather understated. There's a reason why websites generally opt for the larger squares/circles and choose to not put the url at all. It's quickly and easily communicated.
My name is Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone, son of insanity, sand scorcher, the wolfwed and last dragon, bringer of prophecy, and composer of the song.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
3 months ago#2
1) I can get behind this idea a bit, though it'd probably be a pretty low-priority thing.

2) Yeah that can get rather frustrating at times. Would be nice. But again I wouldn't consider it a high priority change either; unless you're using really complicated markup it's pretty easy to spot on rereading, at least to me.

3) To be honest none of the social media has been used in a year or more. The site would be better off ditching them at this point of how dead those accounts are.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/V7hzcXd

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
3 months ago#3
Signs

Esp like the color ideas to help spot fellow users I look forward to hearing from, etc.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

PrinceRhaegar
3 months ago#4
TriforceSD posted...
Esp like the color ideas to help spot fellow users I look forward to hearing from, etc.

just a note that you can already change your own and your friend's colors
My name is Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone, son of insanity, sand scorcher, the wolfwed and last dragon, bringer of prophecy, and composer of the song.

User Info: Derpa_Games

Derpa_Games
2 months ago#5
PrinceRhaegar posted...
) Inside your user settings where you can give yourself a color, or your friends a color, you should also be given the option to give the TC of any given topic a color. So if i'm pink, my friends are light blue, and TC is green, I'll always be able to quickly locate TC's posts. Especially helpful for users who use 50 posts per page. This is also something the website clearly tries to help you with (by putting the (Topic Creator) stamp on the posts below their name), but having a color is a better way to do so

2) Highlight unclosed tags of bold/italics/spoilers/cite/quote/code segments. It shouldn't be too hard to program that in, as there are many code-writing programs which assist you with just that. If it's too hard, a similar version would be to simply change the font, font size, color, or boldness of anything within < > marks in order to help the user easily find them to see which one is messed up.

*signs*

PrinceRhaegar
2 months ago#6
How’d you even find this ancient work?

User Info: Derpa_Games

Derpa_Games
2 months ago#7
PrinceRhaegar posted...
How’d you even find this ancient work?

who me? the board only has one page.

User Info: Emulator

Emulator
2 months ago#8
*signs*
"It is not death I fear, I just fear doing nothing in life!"
http://karma.hardcore-tm.com/?user=Emulator

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
2 months ago#9
*antisigns* half of these have already been implemented.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

PrinceRhaegar
2 months ago#10
DiduXD posted...
*antisigns* half of these have already been implemented.

Not to be defensive about my post bc it’s mine....

These things actually haven’t been implemented at all to my knowledge. I checked all 3, and none of them were implemented.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. A series of potentially helpful suggestions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived