can we please remove those annoying password rules?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. can we please remove those annoying password rules?

User Info: BanjoDude98

BanjoDude98
2 months ago#11
BanjoDude98 posted...
I didn't realize this applies to Gamefaqs passwords. Did they change it?

I realize rereading this that I didn't exactly elaborate

When I created my account on Gamefaqs, the only password requirement was that it had to be at least 6 characters. Have they changed it in recent times to impose all of these other password rules?
"The way you type reminds me of someone who would eat meat." - Retrowire commenting on himself
Please understand Mr. Iwata, you will be dearly missed

User Info: gmo7897

gmo7897
2 months ago#12
Requirements are currently 8 characters, at least one upper, one lower, and one non-alphabetic character (number or symbol). I guess to me, that’s not too difficult to manage. All I takes is adding something to the phrase you’re using. For instance, your could use the password mybrownhorseate2grapes as a nice long, easy-to-remember password.

I’m not saying I’m against this, but I don’t see the need. It’s not like anyone’s password length is being reatricted to 8-10 characters.
All Things Final Fantasy: http://gmo7897.com/s/atff
There are some walks you have to take alone.

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
2 months ago#13
*signs*

There's no need to inconvenience everyone in order to "hopefully" protect a few people that would be too stupid to come up with an effective password. As TC pointed out, those "password rules" are ineffective anyway, and even if they weren't, let people learn the hard way.
"The Switch couldn't handle DooM." - slyman19
"Wolfenstein coming to the Switch? 0% chance." - slyman19

User Info: BanjoDude98

BanjoDude98
2 months ago#14
gmo7897 posted...
Requirements are currently 8 characters, at least one upper, one lower, and one non-alphabetic character (number or symbol). I guess to me, that’s not too difficult to manage. All I takes is adding something to the phrase you’re using. For instance, your could use the password mybrownhorseate2grapes as a nice long, easy-to-remember password.

I’m not saying I’m against this, but I don’t see the need. It’s not like anyone’s password length is being reatricted to 8-10 characters.

In that case,

*Signs*
"The way you type reminds me of someone who would eat meat." - Retrowire commenting on himself
Please understand Mr. Iwata, you will be dearly missed

User Info: NucaseEntertain

NucaseEntertain
2 months ago#15
Megaman Omega posted...
There's no need to inconvenience everyone in order to "hopefully" protect a few people that would be too stupid to come up with an effective password. As TC pointed out, those "password rules" are ineffective anyway, and even if they weren't, let people learn the hard way.

They aren't ineffective, 12345678 would literally being the first thing tried, and don't confuse account "hackers" (highjackers would be truer) with whole site hackers.
People complaining that DnD gets too wargamey is like people complaining their weird sugar abomination from Starbucks tastes too much like coffee. - n00bdragon
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. can we please remove those annoying password rules?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived