• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Ability to respond to review feedback by registered users

User Info: sega31098

sega31098
4 months ago#1
As users can respond and comment on your reviews, I think it would be a great idea to implement the ability for the reviewer/contributor to respond to feedback they receive. For example, if someone who apparently skimmed through the review voted "No" on the "Would you recommend this Review?" feature citing a lack of something that actually was included in the review, the reviewer would be able to respond to the feedback and say direct them to the part where it was discussed. And of course, the reviewer could leave thank you notes to those who left positive feedback.

Now, I know that feedback can be given anonymously and without an account, but I suggest that this feature be implemented for those who use an account to submit feedback. The dialog would remain anonymous (the username of the one who left feedback would remain unnamed to the reviewer) and the response would be sent to the user who left the feedback.
[This signature was not and never will be removed at the request of a moderator or administrator]

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
4 months ago#2
I'm pretty sure this, among other issues with the feedback system, have been hashed out quite a bunch. To recollection I think this is not something the admins want due to concerns of abuse.

Personally I don't understand the issue there. Ignoring the irony that the users can send abusive feedback without repercussion, abuse could simply be handled as messages are (i.e. reports that are sent to moderators).

Really the entire thing could genuinely use a report system to deal with abusive feedback (sure the admins might interfere if the messages are very very problematic and the contributor PMs them - not that they advertise this fact outside of the boards very occasionally). I get that the main concern there is abusive reporting (i.e. contributors being salty and simply reporting any negative feedback), but similarly the boards punish users sometimes who unnecessarily mark many messages (typically warning or worse and loss of reporting abilities from what I recall) ... so how is it not an issue for the boards but is for feedback?

I dunno. Honestly I'm completely on board with your idea TC, but I genuinely don't think it'll happen because the administration is unwilling to make concessions on matters involving the feedback system for whatever reason.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/V7hzcXd

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
4 months ago#3
Might be a long shot, but I'll sign.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
3 months ago#4
*Signs*
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Ability to respond to review feedback by registered users
  • Topic Archived