• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Assign users with no avatar/pfp a random GameFAQs image.

User Info: PepperoniMaster

PepperoniMaster
4 months ago#1
Twitch does it with newly registered users by assigning them a random bipedal-geometric character granted they haven't uploaded a personal avatar yet.

It boggles my mind how some users can spend 10+ years on this site, yet not have the decency to upload a personal picture that defines who they are as a poster.
To be the man, you've got to BEAT the man!

User Info: Montie2k

Montie2k
4 months ago#2
... It boggles my mind how some users can not have the decency to understand that some users don't have one all-encompassing picture that defines who they are as a poster.

*anti-signs*
So are we so different? Of course, we are, and you will be even more different if I ever finish my homemade flame thrower.
-Jack Handey

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 months ago#3
*anti-signs*

I don't really see a big point in this. I'd see it as a wasted effort.

PepperoniMaster posted...
It boggles my mind how some users can spend 10+ years on this site, yet not have the decency to upload a personal picture that defines who they are as a poster.

Member of 10+ years here. I haven't added an avatar, not through a lack of courtesy but because I don't see it as being defining to who am I as a poster.

EDIT: Oh, I checked and apparently I have added an avatar. I had actually forgotten about that.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: gmo7897

gmo7897
4 months ago#4
I can all but guarantee this will never happen.

For one thing, if a user doesn’t have an image that defines them as a poster, why would this site try to use some random-image selector to define that user? For another, this site doesn’t really thrive on avatars the way other sites do - that’s by design. Many users prefer the simplistic layout over the more convoluted layouts of other sites.

I short, I can’t see this ever being a thing here.
All Things Final Fantasy: http://gmo7897.com/s/atff
There are some walks you have to take alone.

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
4 months ago#5
Montie2k posted...
... It boggles my mind how some users can not have the decency to understand that some users don't have one all-encompassing picture that defines who they are as a poster.

*anti-signs*
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
4 months ago#6
I personally don't care either way....

But more often than not, older users were not accustomed to having the option to add a pic at all and I'm sure many of these users still prefer not to have one.

Remember TC, not everyone cares for this site to be like facebook or twitter. I still prefer that pics not get inbedded in threads except in rare circumstances.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
4 months ago#7
PepperoniMaster posted...

This is satire right? Why should I need an avatar crapping up a profile I never had an interest in having in the first place? If anything I wish we could remove the default "blue person" avatars it places altogether.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
4 months ago#8
This site hadn't had avatars when it was created and it doesn't need them now. In fact that I can't see your avatar anyway they may as well not exist.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: skermac

skermac
4 months ago#9
I don’t even know how to add a avatar
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
4 months ago#10
*anti-sign*

Some people just don't want an avatar.
In addition, assigning a random image runs the risk of assigning someone box art from a game they had a bad experience with.
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
Ceterum autem censeo Gamefaqs separandam esse.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Assign users with no avatar/pfp a random GameFAQs image.
  • Topic Archived