Add a privacy option to prevent anyone from following you

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Add a privacy option to prevent anyone from following you

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
2 months ago#1
& an option to boot current followers.
I like to keep a low profile & I don't particularly like the idea of people following me around (especially when I have nothing noteworthy to say).
Some people might think a poster says things they agree with so they follow, but others can use it as a means of stalking.

User Info: gmo7897

gmo7897
2 months ago#2
As has been stated by the administration, there are no plans to disallow users from following anyone they choose to follow.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/73741304
All Things Final Fantasy: http://gmo7897.com/s/atff
There are some walks you have to take alone.

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
2 months ago#3
Ok, it seems from that topic, people who follow you don't get any additional information a normal poster would?
If so, fair enough.

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
2 months ago#4
(Oh, I posted in that old topic too...)

But as stated, following basically doesn't do anything; it's like half of a friend request. If you go into your Privacy Settings, you can change some options (including your Activity Feed) to "friends only" (or "nobody", if you'd rather), so as long as you don't accept your followers as friends, they won't be able to see anything that you choose to hide.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Add a privacy option to prevent anyone from following you

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived