Is there a reason the Top Karma Users page cannot be expanded beyond 50?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Is there a reason the Top Karma Users page cannot be expanded beyond 50?

User Info: iGenesis

iGenesis
2 months ago#1
15 years ago this site had under a million registered accounts and the list was top 50. Now there are what, at least 8 million? registered accounts and it's still top 50.

The list almost never changes and includes nobody who joined after 2000. I've pretty much accepted that I'll never be on it, but I've always been curious where I stand.

It's presumably just a basic "select top X" SQL query, and expanding the list to 100 or 200 people should barely impact the server load.
2012 U_U
2017 X_X

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
2 months ago#2
It's probably been unchanged for no other reason than 50 being a nice round number and any change would be pretty arbitrary in nature. So why bother fixing what ain't broke?

Not that I'm against changing it to have more, or am I even claiming that is the admins' rationale.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/V7hzcXd

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
2 months ago#3
Well, there are the top 100 games and so on.
I do think 100 would be a better number.

Signs
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: jerky_666

jerky_666
2 months ago#4
Not specifically related, but if GameFAQs can tell me that the first Final Fantasy game is the 11,109th hardest game on the site, I don't see how this could possibly be hard to implement.

Signs

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
2 months ago#5
Pretty much all of the other "Top ___" lists are limited to 50 as well. There's no need to change this.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Is there a reason the Top Karma Users page cannot be expanded beyond 50?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived