Merger of credits where verified same person

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Merger of credits where verified same person

User Info: ShiroKusanagi

ShiroKusanagi
4 weeks ago#1
For example: Hayama Koji, Hayama Kouji, Kouji Hayama, and Koji Hayama are all the same person with different variations. Koji Hayama is a known music composer and through VGMdb one can verify all the variations in spelling.

So what I Propose is for Names given in the Japanese order (surname, given name) and the Western order (Given name, Surname), that can be verified to be the same person, such as voice actor Hikaru Midorikawa or composer Nobuo Uematsu, that there be a button or process to merge the person's contributions to show they are the same individual.
Have sword, will wander!

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
4 weeks ago#2
You might be able to submit an update to these names to get them all matching through the contribution form.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/contribute/submit_credit

When you do so it does give a box for additional notes where you could put what's going on with it. A button would be easier, but I know they're usually worried about abuse for such things.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
3 weeks ago#3
FarplaneDragon posted...
You might be able to submit an update to these names to get them all matching through the contribution form.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/contribute/submit_credit

When you do so it does give a box for additional notes where you could put what's going on with it. A button would be easier, but I know they're usually worried about abuse for such things.

A problem report may also be helpful. We are able to merge duplicates together in the back end, but that's not something we can allow users to just do without some sort of approval process by the admins.

User Info: ShiroKusanagi

ShiroKusanagi
1 week ago#4
That's what I was suggesting. Not something that can be abused but maybe a "report duplicate" checkbox on a page that would alert an admin to it. I know in my younger, dumber days I submitted a lot of credits in Japanese naming order. :p I was hoping there was some way to go back and correct it. Thanks for bringing that to my attention Devin. I'll have to get to work on it.
Have sword, will wander!

User Info: Krystal109

Krystal109
1 week ago#5
Just submit a report on one of them and provide links to the duplicates. There are tools to merge the credits and I tried to do as much of that as possible when I was working for the site, but there are just so many.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Merger of credits where verified same person

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.