Quoting other posts but not adding anything to the discussion

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Quoting other posts but not adding anything to the discussion

User Info: Shadow-Moses

Shadow-Moses
2 weeks ago#1
When users keep quoting posts and add nothing except maybe "This", it brings nothing new to the topic. It's the same as writing a post again and again

It's also a little bit annoying to receive a notification about a new post in a topic only to find that someone had simply quoted another post. It keeps on increasing the post count and many times limits other users from entering the discussion.

I think it would be better if the same rules that apply to posting one comment two times are applied here as well.
PS3>>>>>>>>>>PS2>PSP>PS1>PS4

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
2 weeks ago#2
Sometimes in a survey, someone says exactly what you think; all you have to do is point out that you agree with it, but you do need to point out that you agree with them.

*anti-signs*
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
Ceterum autem censeo Gamefaqs separandam esse.

Shadow-Moses
2 weeks ago#3
DragonAtma posted...
Sometimes in a survey, someone says exactly what you think; all you have to do is point out that you agree with it, but you do need to point out that you agree with them.

*anti-signs*

Well, then there's no need to post anything if someone already posted what you were gonna say.

DragonAtma
2 weeks ago#4
There is if there's a "stats your reasons why" survey!

Not to mention that some posts and some boards (such as this one) check the support/oppose ratio.
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).

Shadow-Moses
2 weeks ago#5
DragonAtma posted...
There is if there's a "stats your reasons why" survey!

Not to mention that some posts and some boards (such as this one) check the support/oppose ratio.

Survey? What survey? I'm talking about topics on message boards. As for checking the support/oppose ratio, that can be done with a simple poll.

DragonAtma
2 weeks ago#6
So am I; people are more than willing to post surveys on some message boards, especially Smash Switch.

As for polls, they don't always have enough options -- especially when they involve pokemon.

Shadow-Moses
2 weeks ago#7
DragonAtma posted...
So am I; people are more than willing to post surveys on some message boards, especially Smash Switch.

As for polls, they don't always have enough options -- especially when they involve pokemon.

Polls can get as much as 400 votes within a day. Are you implying all those 400 people should quote the same post they agree with? This is absurd.

DragonAtma
2 weeks ago#8
No, I'm pointing out that polls don't always have the proper answer.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
2 weeks ago#9
*anti-sign*
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/V7hzcXd

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
2 weeks ago#10
Shadow-Moses posted...
When users keep quoting posts and add nothing except maybe "This", it brings nothing new to the topic. It's the same as writing a post again and again

This actually was moddable at one point years ago iirc. I don't think it is anymore though.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Quoting other posts but not adding anything to the discussion

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed