Add a "my last post" hyperlink to topics

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Add a "my last post" hyperlink to topics

User Info: Gietzy

Gietzy
3 months ago#1
On message boards each topic has a time stamp with a hyper link to the last post. I think it would be great if there was also a time stamp and hyper link to “my last post”. I’ll often post a reply in a topic then go off and do something else. It would be great if I could go straight back to that post without having to go to “my activity” so I could read all the subsequent replies.
My systems: SNES, GameBoy, Megadrive, PS1, N64, PS2, GCN, PS3, XBox360, Wii, WiiU, PS4, XBOne, Switch
PSN/XBLive: Willavom

User Info: Montie2k

Montie2k
3 months ago#2
You can already click on the icon (piece of paper with blue dot) next to the topic in the topic list, as well as next to the topic in My Account > Active Messages, to skip to the last post you viewed. How is this any different?
So are we so different? Of course, we are, and you will be even more different if I ever finish my homemade flame thrower.
-Jack Handey

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
3 months ago#3
Montie2k posted...
You can already click on the icon (piece of paper with blue dot) next to the topic in the topic list, as well as next to the topic in My Account > Active Messages, to skip to the last post you viewed. How is this any different?

He wants a link to the last post that he made, not anything that was posted after him. This link already exists on the Active Messages page. I think he just wants it added on the Topic List too?

I'm not sure if there would be room for it anywhere. There can't be an extra column added because it would be empty if you haven't posted in a topic.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: Gietzy

Gietzy
3 months ago#4
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
Montie2k posted...

He wants a link to the last post that he made, not anything that was posted after him. This link already exists on the Active Messages page. I think he just wants it added on the Topic List too?

I'm not sure if there would be room for it anywhere. There can't be an extra column added because it would be empty if you haven't posted in a topic.

You understand what I mean. I think they could make it work with a little thought.
My systems: SNES, GameBoy, Megadrive, PS1, N64, PS2, GCN, PS3, XBox360, Wii, WiiU, PS4, XBOne, Switch
PSN/XBLive: Willavom

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
3 months ago#5
The only way I can see it working without redesigning the whole topic list is with a toggleable profile setting, where you can change the timestamp link from "topic's last post" (default) to "your last post" (your idea). In the event that you haven't posted in a topic, clicking the timestamp will go to the topic's last post anyway.

But the admins have stated many times that they don't want to add more settings on the basis of adding toggles or dropdown options. So I can't see this idea gaining any traction with them. Good luck though.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: RocketJess

RocketJess
2 months ago#6
You can already do this from your “active messages” page.
RocketJess, blasting off again!
PSN: iscah_rambles
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Add a "my last post" hyperlink to topics

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived