Stop archiving threads on old boards

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Stop archiving threads on old boards

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
3 weeks ago#61
You know, it's been two and a half months since this topic went up, we have many signs, no anti-signs, support from a moderator, and.... no comments from the top staff.

Even if they haven't decided on what to do, surely at least some of them have an opinion on extending archiving times!
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
Ceterum autem censeo Gamefaqs separandam esse.

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
3 weeks ago#62
DragonAtma posted...
You know, it's been two and a half months since this topic went up, we have many signs, no anti-signs, support from a moderator, and.... no comments from the top staff.

Even if they haven't decided on what to do, surely at least some of them have an opinion on extending archiving times!

I mean, in the past I believe their opinion is that it's not getting changed, but regardless of that this isn't really a board you go to from interaction with the admins. They usually only comment on stuff here a few times a year unless it's something that's never happening or some sort of very quick, minor change or bug fix. If you want to talk to them directly then you'd need to find an appropriate feedback ticket to submit.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
3 weeks ago#63
This is a topic I have been watching closely. Really hope it gains traction...at least getting people to think about making some tweaks.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
3 weeks ago#64
chaoyun2k posted...
I agree that purge/archive rates should be adjusted.
Has there been any official word, update, or even vague support/acknowledgement from staff or mods regarding this matter? As someone who primarily visits retro game boards over the more modern releases, it'd be nice to have the ability to respond to topics that are a few months old. I understand the need to archive posts after awhile, but it'd be a welcome change to see some adjustment to the timeframe.

*signs*
''Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible.'' - St. Francis of Assisi
www.youtube.com/gamingirstyle

User Info: Derpa_Games

Derpa_Games
2 weeks ago#66
DragonAtma posted...

you might wanna check this out:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/69434047

post #2

After all this, if you create a petition according to these guidelines, and it gains a large amount of popular support (Consider over 100 signatures and less than 5-10% anti signs a baseline minimum for establishing popular interest here), then feel free to submit the suggestion to the administration via the following feedback ticket.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/feedback/index.php?type=17

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
2 weeks ago#67
*signs*

o
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: SaizotheSixth

SaizotheSixth
2 weeks ago#68
Sign.
In the eye of the storm I make my stand/But I'm not waiting for the walls to close in/I just brace myself for the winds to change their ways
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Stop archiving threads on old boards

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.