Longer notes in marked posts.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Longer notes in marked posts.

User Info: Nomadic View

Nomadic View
3 months ago#1
When marking tos violations, especially for harassment, there just isn’t enough room to make your case. It’s difficult to just say “this guy has been doing this for years on end” and hope that the mod takes your word on it. But if I had more room I could document and prove my case that, yes this has actually been happening for years.

It’s disappointing when harassment isn’t taken seriously here simply because the victim doesn’t have the opportunity to prove his case.
{}\\{}(o){}\\//{}//=\\{})){}(< \\//{}{{-{}//\\{}
{}xxxxxxxx{};;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;>

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
3 months ago#2
*sign*
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/V7hzcXd

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
3 months ago#3
I mean, I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but it's not what the notes box is intended for. If you feel you need to provide further detail, you could PM a mod directly and see what they say. That said, odds are you are going to get told to use the ignore feature for something like you're saying anyway.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
3 months ago#4
FarplaneDragon posted...
I mean, I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but it's not what the notes box is intended for. If you feel you need to provide further detail, you could PM a mod directly and see what they say. That said, odds are you are going to get told to use the ignore feature for something like you're saying anyway.

Whenever people ask about reporting harassment (at least from what I've seen on Ask the Mods), they're always told to mark one of the posts and explain further in the note box.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
3 months ago#5
I don't mark much anymore, but I have run into that problem for come posts. It's as if the allowed characters is the same as a topic title. I wouldn't go adding a crap load of characters, but I think doubling the existing allowance would be a good idea.

I'll sign..
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
3 months ago#6
Thunderbird8 posted...
FarplaneDragon posted...

Whenever people ask about reporting harassment (at least from what I've seen on Ask the Mods), they're always told to mark one of the posts and explain further in the note box.

I understand that. What I'm saying it, the other box was intended for adding a few sentences of context to a mark for when it's not obvious, it's never been intended to providing full detailed summaries of events. In the same vein, whenever people have asked about providing extended details to a mark, the response was to reach out to a mod directly and explain that way.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: nesplayer

nesplayer
3 months ago#7
If you have to write an essay on why something should be modded, then more power to you

signs
[This sig has been deleted by a GameFAQS member]
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Longer notes in marked posts.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived