• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Implement level restrictions for ability to make notifications/mentions

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
6 months ago#61
BanjoDude98 posted...
FarplaneDragon posted...
BanjoDude98 posted...
FightingFefnir posted...
*anti-signs*

User Info: FightingFefnir 
Rookie User
User Since: Jul 2017
Active Posts: 77
Total Badges: 4

I find it hysterical that you people think this is relevant to the overall results of this.

It's obviously an alt user. How many new users do you think browse the site suggestions? >_>

The guy has had an account for a year. Look at his karma level

That's not your call to make. If it's not an alt, you're wasting your time. If it is an alt you're giving them exactly the attention that they want.

BanjoDude98 posted...
Current results:

Signs: 23
Anti-signs: 1
Alt-User Anti-signs: 1

Piece of advice, don't start splitting the Anti-Signs. A) you're going to invite a bunch of drama, B) people have gotten their topics closed because of stuff like that, C) it really isn't your place to start making determinations if people are alts. Just count stuff as it's posted and the let the admins sort it out if needed.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter
6 months ago#62
@FarplaneDragon

the drama you're causing is starting to suggest you're all three users. I mean, it's not a definite thing but why would you care otherwise?

User Info: BanjoDude98

BanjoDude98
6 months ago#63
FarplaneDragon posted...
That's not your call to make. If it's not an alt, you're wasting your time. If it is an alt you're giving them exactly the attention that they want.

Way to not draw more attention than is needed. You didn't even need to comment on it

FarplaneDragon posted...
it really isn't your place to start making determinations if people are alts.

At the same time though, if it clucks like a chicken, walks like a chicken and looks like a chicken...the chances that it's actually a horse are pretty slim.

Most users don't browse these forms. What are the chances a user that old who has that low of karma stumbles upon this to vote? Not to mention, most people who post on these and gives an anti-sign usually supplies a reason to their thinking

Piece of advice, don't berate people on the forums, from your above post it sounded heavily like you were. I'm not mad or trying to sound like I'm trying to pick a fight or anything, but it isn't cool man. If an admin wants to deal with it, they will deal with it as they see fit
"The way you type reminds me of someone who would eat meat." - Retrowire commenting on himself
Please understand Mr. Iwata, you will be dearly missed

FarplaneDragon
6 months ago#64
candlefighter posted...
@FarplaneDragon

the drama you're causing is starting to suggest you're all three users. I mean, it's not a definite thing but why would you care otherwise?

Congrats, this is by far the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

BanjoDude98 posted...
Way to not draw more attention than is needed. You didn't even need to comment on it

Pot meet kettle.

BanjoDude98 posted...

At the same time though, if it clucks like a chicken, walks like a chicken and looks like a chicken...the chances that it's actually a horse are pretty slim.

At the rate you people scream and yell about alts there's like 6 actual users on this site.

Most users don't browse these forms. What are the chances a user that old who has that low of karma stumbles upon this to vote? Not to mention, most people who post on these and gives an anti-sign usually supplies a reason to their thinking

People lose interest in the site and come years later all the time. Karma is an indicator of exactly nothing around here. This board also gets mentioned on MBH fairly often which is often times full of new users. I'm also willing to bet if you went through the topics here the average user level is far lower then you people seem to thing. Lastly, people are in no way, shape or form required to give a reason for their anti-sign. I'd imagine some of these people don't because people around here are itching to fight anyone that does and don't want to deal with the drama.

Piece of advice, don't berate people on the forums, from your above post it sounded heavily like you were. I'm not mad or trying to sound like I'm trying to pick a fight or anything, but it isn't cool man. If an admin wants to deal with it, they will deal with it as they see fit

Are you joking? What I posted is seriously what counts as "berating" someone these days? No wonder this site has such a troll problem with as little as it takes to set anyone off around here.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: gnomefromnome

gnomefromnome
6 months ago#65
You seem to be set off on this board more than anyone @FarplaneDragon
Oh my God... That was the dumbest collection of dumbosity I've ever seen! - Famine
https://youtu.be/pOtTxMC1ZZQ

User Info: BanjoDude98

BanjoDude98
6 months ago#66
BanjoDude98 posted...

Pot meet kettle.

You were the first person who had to draw attention to my post

FarplaneDragon posted...
At the rate you people scream and yell about alts there's like 6 actual users on this site.

"You people"? I think in all the time I've been on Gamefaqs, I've said like 3 people are alts

FarplaneDragon posted...

Are you joking? What I posted is seriously what counts as "berating" someone these days? No wonder this site has such a troll problem with as little as it takes to set anyone off around here.

"To scold or criticize someone". Yeah, I'm pretty sure that fits the bill. I just think it's a bit sad when you feel compelled to do nothing more than lecture people on post etiquette but are oblivious to your own style

Edit:

gnomefromnome posted...
You seem to be set off on this board more than anyone FarplaneDragon

+1
"The way you type reminds me of someone who would eat meat." - Retrowire commenting on himself
Please understand Mr. Iwata, you will be dearly missed

FarplaneDragon
6 months ago#67
gnomefromnome posted...
You seem to be set off on this board more than anyone @FarplaneDragon

Lol, please explain where I'm set off. If you in any way, shame or form think I'm ever mad on this board you're reaching. If anything it's the opposite, it's amusing watching people complain because apparently no one on this site is capable of dealing with trolls on their own.

User Info: nome from gnome

nome from gnome
6 months ago#68
I can feel the hatred in your posts....
https://i.imgur.com/1Kt6aui.jpg
(message deleted)

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
6 months ago#70
TriforceSD posted...
@FarplaneDragon
@and a few other people...

You do seem to get a little more frustrated than usual when people suggest things that you don't like or agree with. I was actually wondering about this too. Maybe you know some people to be trolls so your tone goes south when talking to them?

You haven't said anything to offend me or anything so I have no gripes about you as a user on here, but your tone on occasion sometimes implies you give some a hard time for their suggestions. Almost like some of the ideas people present can sometimes set you off.

Nothing personal and no offense. I have nothing personal against you and you seem to have a good shot at being a mod based on your expertise of the site. It's obvious to me that you know a lot about what ideas would pass and what ones may not... But yeah, sometimes it does seem you take some people's suggestions personal.

Edited to make sure I myself don't come across as offensive. Also, I'm surprised this thread is still alive. I thought the mentions system was fixed to address people's grievances.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Implement level restrictions for ability to make notifications/mentions
  • Topic Archived