Implement level restrictions for ability to make notifications/mentions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Implement level restrictions for ability to make notifications/mentions

User Info: BigBoct

BigBoct
4 months ago#41
Probably because in the current age of the Internet, getting a new IP can be as easy as power-cycling your router/modem.
On 11/01/17, I began my quest to collect every PSP UMD released in North America, complete in box. Follow my progress at https://tinyurl.com/yckaqgpq

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
4 months ago#42
Smallville posted...
FarplaneDragon posted...
JoeNobody posted...
Maybe bring back KoS...

Pretty sure they've said that's never, ever, for any reason going to come back. Besides, you really honestly think they wouldn't wear it as a badge of honor like the old days....

kill on site? do you mean the mods can see if it is from a bad ip address and can insta ban them? why won't they do this again though?

Because it ultimately doesn't work and just creates more work for little payoff. The whole reason people used to know what kos was in the first place is because the people on the list were A)well known for the problems they caused, and B) weren't really hampered in the slightest by it.

End of the day, this is a self-inflicted problem. You really think the people you're complaining about aren't following you guys here and laughing their assess off at you listing off accounts and complaining about them? The whole reason this site has such a bad troll problem is because people, for whatever reason, can't seem to ignore them and not give them the attention they want.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: Smallville

Smallville
4 months ago#43
Boct1584 posted...
Probably because in the current age of the Internet, getting a new IP can be as easy as power-cycling your router/modem.

so do you think that really getting tough on illegal downloaders by really paying attention to their ip addresses and what they download doesn't really work either?
"I've always wanted there to be nothing between us. Now there's not"----smallville

User Info: Smallville

Smallville
4 months ago#44
FarplaneDragon posted...
Smallville posted...
FarplaneDragon posted...
JoeNobody posted...
Maybe bring back KoS...

Pretty sure they've said that's never, ever, for any reason going to come back. Besides, you really honestly think they wouldn't wear it as a badge of honor like the old days....

kill on site? do you mean the mods can see if it is from a bad ip address and can insta ban them? why won't they do this again though?

Because it ultimately doesn't work and just creates more work for little payoff. The whole reason people used to know what kos was in the first place is because the people on the list were A)well known for the problems they caused, and B) weren't really hampered in the slightest by it.

End of the day, this is a self-inflicted problem. You really think the people you're complaining about aren't following you guys here and laughing their assess off at you listing off accounts and complaining about them? The whole reason this site has such a bad troll problem is because people, for whatever reason, can't seem to ignore them and not give them the attention they want.

really? what percent of this site qualifies as these terrible posters you think?
"I've always wanted there to be nothing between us. Now there's not"----smallville

User Info: JoeNobody

JoeNobody
4 months ago#45
Farplane actually has a point. I rescind my suggestion.
Here are my possible dice rolls (on GnT only):
1: Prize 2: Link 3: Joke 4: Challenge 5: Slime 6: Nothing

User Info: gnomefromnome

gnomefromnome
4 months ago#46
Please raise the user level to send PMs, and Follow users...

You have 50 new Followers

WHY DID YOU GUYS TAKE DOWN THE FOLLOWER ACCOUNTS? :(
Cloud is the guy who was behind those accounts but he said he wasn't interested in keeping them so he was going to give all 50 to me 😊😊.

Looks like they’re all suspended now. Now I have to go back to manually making accounts myself. I find this whole account making thing to be a long process so I was hoping Cloud’s 50 accounts would at least save me some time. I could stop making accounts altogether but I want to continue chatting with you guys. I’m not much of a social person irl.

Sigh 😔 😔.

Sent by: SelfieSarah on 5/13/2018 8:07:25 AM
Oh my God... That was the dumbest collection of dumbosity I've ever seen! - Famine
https://youtu.be/pOtTxMC1ZZQ

User Info: _Kaz

_Kaz
4 months ago#47
Perhaps we need isn't additional restricted users, but a "trusted contributor" level with privileges given to an active positively reviewed account? (e.g. sub-community leader/moderator)

It won't totally prevent a "Manchurian candidate" (account elevated by aged alts), but if a uniform vote has to be made to elevate users rather than a majority, it would take much longer for that to happen. Of course this means an existing counsel has to be chosen for an active (modern/social) board...
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
4 months ago#48
*signs*

It's too annoying to give to certain users that make dozens of accounts a day and spam anyone with those features.
"The Switch couldn't handle DooM." - slyman19
"Wolfenstein coming to the Switch? 0% chance." - slyman19

User Info: BanjoDude98

BanjoDude98
4 months ago#49
Bump
"The way you type reminds me of someone who would eat meat." - Retrowire commenting on himself
Please understand Mr. Iwata, you will be dearly missed

User Info: BanjoDude98

BanjoDude98
3 months ago#50
Edit: Added spoiler tags so that no one is forced to read it

Just gonna bump this again. Pretty disgusting when you see someone who continuously stalks someone on the Switch board make 3 more alts then post in a topic saying that they should rape that person

Just gonna copy paste it here and make an edit to remove names. This has been on the front page of the Switch board for an hour, and the mods still haven't removed it or banned the users:

Fate_Finder posted...
AmpereMeter posted...
i_love_emojis posted...
AmpereMeter posted...
i_love_emojis posted...
AmpereMeter posted...
i_love_emojis posted...
Btw did you know some user here is trying to track down peoples’ alts?

Thankfully this is my only account :)

Who btw?

[notification of user's name redacted]

What? She's a hypocrite then.

How?

She said she hates stalkers. And now SHE's the one who's tracking down peoples' alts.

She's gonna have to repay me with a selfie of hers '-]

Or I could just rape her.

[notification of user's name redacted]

There was another block quote of one of the other alts saying the same thing about how they're good looking so this female user should let them rape her, but it looks like that one got deleted. Funny the others are still there and the users are still posting. This is the cesspool that Gamefaqs likes promoting, it looks like
"The way you type reminds me of someone who would eat meat." - Retrowire commenting on himself
Please understand Mr. Iwata, you will be dearly missed
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Implement level restrictions for ability to make notifications/mentions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived