Feature to disable mentions.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Feature to disable mentions.

User Info: Smeltedfist

Smeltedfist
6 months ago#1
I seen people who hate when I mention them to a thread even though I see it as a feature you know when you were replied too.

I mean the @name

Edit: and that was a real person on the board.
Ile like to appologise for my past only in 2016 I started to be semi serious.
PSN: Whatzituyah, Twitch: Whatzituyah2

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
6 months ago#2
It's doubtful this will happen. If people are abusing it, that can be reported to the mods. If it's not being abused, it's not that difficult to delete the message you get.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

Smeltedfist
6 months ago#3
Its also the fact that some board members hate that though. I don't want to be bashed by using an intentional feature of the board and if they have the option to disable it we would both be happy.

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
6 months ago#4
Your only course of action is to Ignore them. If you don't want to do that then you have to live with it.

FarplaneDragon posted...
it's not that difficult to delete the message you get.

Not that this board makes it easy to do that, either.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

Smeltedfist
6 months ago#5
Its the only course of action because their isn't a feature to disable it for the people who don't like it.

Your basically telling me and them to deal with it. The board I don't think will be where its at now if we are all told to just deal with something.

The ignore list has a limited ammount you can put on it which I will really like to keep around for those who truly deserve it.

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
5 months ago#6
Smeltedfist posted...
Its the only course of action because their isn't a feature to disable it for the people who don't like it.

Your basically telling me and them to deal with it. The board I don't think will be where its at now if we are all told to just deal with something.

The ignore list has a limited ammount you can put on it which I will really like to keep around for those who truly deserve it.

"Deal with it" is the official stance of the board. You aren't even the first person to bring up this problem.

Although I should point out that banned people don't count toward your Ignore total anymore from what I heard.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
5 months ago#7
I like mentions, but I guess too many people use it to troll people and that's why we have the backlash. Another thread just popped up that seems to be a good start to dealing with those that like the mentions and those that don't.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
5 months ago#8
*Signs*

I find the notification useless and it takes up a notification space.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
5 months ago#9
FarplaneDragon posted...
If people are abusing it, that can be reported to the mods. If it's not being abused, it's not that difficult to delete the message you get.

The thing is, this happens to me approx 5-10 times per week, I report it every time, and nothing had ever happened.

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
5 months ago#10
Then they're not using it in a way that's abusive
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Feature to disable mentions.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived