• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Allow edits of stickied topics beyond the 1 hour limit

User Info: Caelthus

Caelthus
9 months ago#1
Given that FAQ/Sticky topics often become quickly and woefully outdated very quickly, this leads to them often becoming significantly less helpful as time goes on. If stickied topics had the ability to be editted indefinitely past the 1 hour window, this could probably fix many of the issues associated with them(outdated info, new info needed mostly).
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3853476/
Neo Yokio is a masterpiece. - Popcorn_Fairy

User Info: gmo7897

gmo7897
9 months ago#2
I know this has been brought up before, and I want to say it’s something the admins have stated they would look into at some point.

Could be wrong though. I have slept since then.
All Things Final Fantasy: http://gmo7897.com/s/atff | LostFacts: http://gmo7897.com/s/lf
There are some walks you have to take alone.

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
9 months ago#3
It beats restickying a new thread.
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
9 months ago#4
Good idea.
Signs
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...
(message deleted)

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
9 months ago#6
*signs*

I've thought about suggesting the same for a thread's latest post; the limit is to prevent people from causing trouble for later posters, but by definition the most recent post doesn't have any later posters (if it didn't, it wouldn't be the most recent one!).
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
Ceterum autem censeo Gamefaqs separandam esse.

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
9 months ago#7
DragonAtma posted...
*signs*

I've thought about suggesting the same for a thread's latest post; the limit is to prevent people from causing trouble for later posters, but by definition the most recent post doesn't have any later posters (if it didn't, it wouldn't be the most recent one!).

The edit limit is in place to stop people from trying to sneak a TOU violation in just before the topic archives. There might be other reasons as well, but I've heard that one cited as the main reason.

But since sticky topics don't archive, that point is moot for them.

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
9 months ago#8
Thunderbird8 posted...
The edit limit is in place to stop people from trying to sneak a TOU violation in just before the topic archives. There might be other reasons as well, but I've heard that one cited as the main reason.

I don't recall seeing that before, and I've been a gamefaqs member as long as you (give or take a few days). In addition, trolls can simply wait until a thread has 499 posts and then post a TOU violation as #500, autolocking it.

Then again, I usually hang out on boards for older systems, so more often than not an hour passes between a post and its response.
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
Ceterum autem censeo Gamefaqs separandam esse.

User Info: The_Mighty_KELP

The_Mighty_KELP
9 months ago#9
Oh yes, I'm signing this as many times as possible.

...which is one, I guess. >_>
Tired of the spam on the PotD board? Want to actually talk about the GameFAQs Poll of the Day? So do we!
http://tinyurl.com/GF-APotD

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
9 months ago#10
DragonAtma posted...
I don't recall seeing that before, and I've been a gamefaqs member as long as you (give or take a few days). In addition, trolls can simply wait until a thread has 499 posts and then post a TOU violation as #500, autolocking it.

Posts in a locked thread can be marked for moderation. Posts in an archived thread can only be deleted by admins, or the poster. Bit of a difference there.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Allow edits of stickied topics beyond the 1 hour limit
  • Topic Archived