Letting users block all @ notifications?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Letting users block all @ notifications?

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
8 months ago#1
Would it be possible to make an account setting so a user can prevent themselves from ever being tagged/ever getting any notifications from it? I don't want to be @'d by anyone ever. I always ask people not to if they do it to me, but they often forget/don't listen and do it again later, or it provokes them or others to intentionally do it just to annoy me.

If I have any interest in checking that someone responded to me, I will, I don't need them or the site to notify me of it. I can remember what topics I've posted in. Really wish this system was never added in the first place.

And secondary suggestion if that's not gonna happen: Make it so you don't get notified when someone just quotes a post where you were tagged. One of the things I find most annoying about it is that I can get dozens of notifications if that post starts a quote chain.

To illustrate how annoying it is: In one topic that's up right now, someone did it, I asked them not to, they did it again, someone quoted that post giving me another notification, then a third person tagged me in his own post, THEN that same third person did it again to me even though he was actually responding to that second person and just lazily assumed he was responding to another post of mine instead of actually reading the name of the person he was quoting.
bloop

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
8 months ago#2
I'd like both. I wouldn't use the first but I can see how it'd be annoying.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/V7hzcXd

User Info: ironyisntdead

ironyisntdead
8 months ago#3
*signs*
You havent set a signature for the message boards yet

User Info: MorbidEngel

MorbidEngel
8 months ago#4
I like the idea but I'd like to know if it's feasible before signing.
Si monumentum requires, circumspice
http://www.last.fm/user/ToxicOrochi | ACNL Dream: 4700-6572-1851

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
8 months ago#5
The_Undying_84 posted...
To illustrate how annoying it is: In one topic that's up right now, someone did it, I asked them not to, they did it again, someone quoted that post giving me another notification, then a third person tagged me in his own post, THEN that same third person did it again to me even though he was actually responding to that second person and just lazily assumed he was responding to another post of mine instead of actually reading the name of the person he was quoting.

Message one of the mods directly, if they're intentionally dropping mentions to spam and annoy you I want to say that's moddable.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: spiderman88mill

spiderman88mill
8 months ago#6
I thought this was an option already but I guess not.

A "notify me once per topic" option would be ideal.
Keep on chooglin'.
(message deleted)

User Info: QwelzaarKane

QwelzaarKane
8 months ago#8
*signs*

I like being able to tag users/be tagged but there obviously wasn't any effort put into limiting potential abuse of the system.

An option to only be tagged by users on your friends list would be nice, too.
Gutter fresh

User Info: Unown_201

Unown_201
8 months ago#9
It kind of beats the whole point if someone can block the notifications.

And how annoying is it really? Its like a couple of seconds at most to check a notification.

If its being abused then mark the message, otherwise there is such minimal inconvenience its not even worth worrying about.

*Anti-sign*
"Knowledge is knowing the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both ways anyway."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1282-alternative-science-and-history

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
8 months ago#10
FarplaneDragon posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...

Message one of the mods directly, if they're intentionally dropping mentions to spam and annoy you I want to say that's moddable.

I have marked them before and they usually don't get moderated. I've been told it is moddable if I explain why in the comments section, but I feel like it's not possible to explain the situation in the rather limited amount of characters I'm allowed to put in the comments section of a moderation flag.

Which I guess is another suggestion I have, expand that limit.
bloop
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Letting users block all @ notifications?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived