Would it be possible to have a feature that saves posts as we write them? Please

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Would it be possible to have a feature that saves posts as we write them? Please

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
2 weeks ago#1
I'm tired of losing huge posts because my internet connection wavered at some point. And today I just experienced worse, with the site outright logging me off. This is horribly frustrating!

Many other forums have an auto-save feature.
My naruhina-oriented retelling of Naruto (currently has 315K words/21 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: nesplayer

nesplayer
2 weeks ago#2
signs
[This sig has been deleted by a GameFAQS member]

User Info: Unown_201

Unown_201
2 weeks ago#3
It would be nice.

Its worse on mobile, I have accidentally hit back (the built in touch button at the edge of the screen) several times and lost a post.
"Knowledge is knowing the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both ways anyway."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1282-alternative-science-and-history

User Info: SaizotheSixth

SaizotheSixth
2 weeks ago#4
Sign.

Being a mobile user, it's really bad since your Wi-Fi connection can spazz out at any time, and for people who generally like to write, whether it be for an argument, just making a topic, or even just to make a s***post, it can be really upsetting to find that happen just as you make that perfect post. And from what I've experienced, you can't just go, "Lol, I'll just use the back key to get my post back."

So I'd like to see this happen.
It's not our mission to jump feet-first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when we do.
-Out of context quote from me

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
2 weeks ago#5
SaizotheSixth posted...
Sign.

Being a mobile user, it's really bad since your Wi-Fi connection can spazz out at any time, and for people who generally like to write, whether it be for an argument, just making a topic, or even just to make a s***post, it can be really upsetting to find that happen just as you make that perfect post. And from what I've experienced, you can't just go, "Lol, I'll just use the back key to get my post back."

Oddly, once... and EXACTLY once... I recovered my post with the back button. It had never worked before, and never worked after. I always try kinda by instinct and I was super happy when it did save.

It didn't compensate how upset I was the next time it happened and I discovered couldn't recover my post.
My naruhina-oriented retelling of Naruto (currently has 315K words/21 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You

User Info: UD4

UD4
2 weeks ago#6
Sign.

The idea is good and the implementation can be made practical.
(\(\ ~ Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
(='.') ~ THIS ARE SERIOUS CHAT. I ARE SERIOUS ADMIN. ~ CJayC

User Info: spiderman88mill

spiderman88mill
2 weeks ago#7
Sign

I want this so much. I always select all/copy whenever I need to look at different tab while typing a post because I never know when Chrome is going to randomly decide to refresh the page. If I'm making a large post with things pasted into it, I do it in a separate app and then paste it all here because I don't trust it otherwise.

So yes, please please please!
Keep on chooglin'.

User Info: leandroeidi

leandroeidi
2 weeks ago#8
Sign.
-- It doesn't matter now what happens I will never give up the fight - Sonic Adventure --

Unown_201
2 weeks ago#9
guedesbrawl posted...
SaizotheSixth posted...
Sign.

Oddly, once... and EXACTLY once... I recovered my post with the back button. It had never worked before, and never worked after. I always try kinda by instinct and I was super happy when it did save.

It didn't compensate how upset I was the next time it happened and I discovered couldn't recover my post.

I think it works if you preview a message, then leave the page and use back.

Otherwise it doesn't.
"Knowledge is knowing the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both ways anyway."
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Unown_201
2 weeks ago#10
Just tried it with previewing and that does seem to work.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Would it be possible to have a feature that saves posts as we write them? Please

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.