Optional Small Avatar Picture in posts.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Optional Small Avatar Picture in posts.

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
5 months ago#1
I figured if people wanted to see that user's avatar in their posts as a option then it would be nice to have that enabled for those that would care for that.

That way they don't have to actually visit their profile page just to see it or hovering on it, it would add a bit of a personal touch for that user's post.
It's not stupidity, it's something much worse. It's... the GameSpot comment section!-Stebsis
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
5 months ago#2
Avatars have been shot down several times. People generally don't want them as the site is meant to be simple and minimal without clutter.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: SonicTH

SonicTH
5 months ago#3
*sign* I would like this.

-FarplaneDragon

The petition mentions (more than once...) that this would be optional.
<This space intentionally left blank.>

User Info: Poipole

Poipole
4 months ago#4
sign

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
4 months ago#5
SonicTH posted...
The petition mentions (more than once...) that this would be optional.

Sorry, but that honestly doesn't qualify as an point here. The admins have stated before they don't want to bog the users down with a ton of menu options and selections as is. It also ignores that just because something is optional doesn't mean it doesn't take that much more time to code/test the options on top of everything else.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
4 months ago#6
I forget to add that the avatar picture shouldn't show up if you're not signed onto the site itself, that way people visiting the site won't have longer load times.
It's not stupidity, it's something much worse. It's... the GameSpot comment section!-Stebsis
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum

User Info: Snorlax_exlax

Snorlax_exlax
4 months ago#7
FarplaneDragon posted...
Sorry, but that honestly doesn't qualify as an point here. The admins have stated before they don't want to bog the users down with a ton of menu options and selections as is. It also ignores that just because something is optional doesn't mean it doesn't take that much more time to code/test the options on top of everything else.

if it’s optional, but off by default, I think most people will be happy
http://i.imgur.com/shLzJnQ.png
http://snorlax-exlax.tumblr.com/archive

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
4 months ago#8
*anti-sign*

The admins don't want it, many users don't want to see any avatars, and it'd take away time that could be used for coding better stuff.
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
4 months ago#9
While not a much needed thing, I still like it.
If it's easy to do, why not?

I'll sign.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: Lord_Shadow

Lord_Shadow
4 months ago#10
Signs
GT My Lord Shadow :3DS FC 0791 2649 3488
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Optional Small Avatar Picture in posts.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived