Suggestion: Disable Favorites to Board when Tracking Board (Topics/Messages)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Suggestion: Disable Favorites to Board when Tracking Board (Topics/Messages)

User Info: Emulator

Emulator
7 months ago#1
Whenever you track a board (whether it is topics or messages), it is automatically added to your favorite boards. This is not good. You can add up to 250 boards in your favorite boards list. And therefore, you can track only 250 boards.
This means you can't track more than 250 game boards and you can miss important game question topics.
Now, I want that Favorite and Track Board options should work independent of each other.
"It's not death I'm feared of, I'm just feared of doing nothing in life." - Sahil Bawalia
http://karma.hardcore-tm.com/?user=Emulator

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
7 months ago#2
This is actually how I expected it to work when it was announced and I was disappointed when I found this implementation.

*signs*
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

Emulator
6 months ago#3
(Bump)
"It's not death I'm feared of, I'm just feared of doing nothing in life." - Sahil Bawalia

User Info: metaIslug

metaIslug
6 months ago#4
I agree with this. *sign*

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
6 months ago#5
What the f*** do you guys do on here that you need 250 boards favorited let alone more?
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

Emulator
6 months ago#6
I'm talking of game boards. There are 10000000+ games on this site. And I like more than 500 games and want to track each of them without adding them in favorites.

User Info: LoneCourier2281

LoneCourier2281
6 months ago#7
I agree with you.
"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."

User Info: metaIslug

metaIslug
6 months ago#8
FarplaneDragon posted...
What the f*** do you guys do on here that you need 250 boards favorited let alone more?

I don't need them favorited, I just want to follow them. This wouldn't be a problem if game boards weren't all dead because of their purge rates, meaning the only way to have a conversation on those boards is to follow the board. But like tc is saying, it involves also favoriting the board which is fine I guess. Overall, I just think the system is awkward and broken, and would like to see it improved.

Emulator
6 months ago#9
Tracking must be independent of favoriting game boards. Suppose you have to track 500 game boards. Then if you track them they will be automatically added to favorite list and 500 games or more would cover the whole page and it would not look good.

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
6 months ago#10
FarplaneDragon posted...

For me it's not anything about that. If I want to track new topics on a low-activity board (one which may get 1 or 2 new topics a month if it's lucky), then by design I'd need to add it to my favorites in order to use the notifications. And if it's on my favorites list, then I would already notice if the normally stagnant number of topics increases by one, thus defeating the purpose of the notification feature. And before you say "well maybe you're not always checking the number of topics on every board on your list", I will point out that it becomes more noticeable (even subconsciously) the fewer boards that you have favorited. That's the exact opposite line of reasoning than what the TC said (where he wants it because he has a lot of boards), so in fact there's an argument in favor of this change from both ends of the spectrum.

In my mind changing the way tracking works would allow you to track slower boards without having to add them to your favorites. I try to save my favorites list for active boards that I click regularly, not ones that get 1 post a week.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Suggestion: Disable Favorites to Board when Tracking Board (Topics/Messages)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived