• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. About Geralt's secrecy and him hiding his emotions...

User Info: DesertRanger97

DesertRanger97
5 years ago#1
First of all, Hello good people of gamefaqs! I'm new here and I made this account just cuz of my curiosity towards Geralt's ever so mysterious personality. Alright here goes:
I'm sure everyone here knows how Geralt always says nothing when someone is saying something wrong about a person or an event, something that they don't understand and Geralt almost always had a hand in that person's life or that event. But, has anybody noticed how sometimes he goes out of his way to let that person know the truth about it without needing to do so? That he is inconsistent about hiding his emotions and his knowledge about that particular thing?

Example: when Patricia is talking about making a play about Urcheon and Pavetta, he doesn't let her know that he was the one to lift that curse and that Urcheon is actually Emhyr. BUT during the Lord of Undvik quest he goes out of his way to reveal that clan's sword making secret to some guy at the new port. My problem is that he doesn't even bother to reveal similar things to those he loves and cares about, but he does to some random people in the game whom he doesn't even know. Why?
Like he didn't even bother to tell eskel, his oldest friend, how he knows a particular elf. Even though he specifically asked.wth?

And about his emotions, he almost never shows any, which is good. But, he sometimes goes way out of character in some scenes. Btw, I know geralt is actually a good person at heart and he fully feels emotions, but doesn't show them so that he doesn't get involved in s*** he wants to avoid. Besides, if you were a century old, you most definitely are tired of others' bull****.
Ex:
When you talk to Avallac'h in the ship, if you pick the "charming place, the Aen Elle." He goes ape s*** (in his own, funny way) about how the elves kill humans without a shed of remorse. Lol wtf? He never cared about that stuff, then suddenly he gets super p*ssed? He didn't say anything and didn't give a s*** when the sage basically told him: "Shove up a bone up your arse, you filthy primate!" (If you read the books, you know what I mean XD) and didn't even once bring it up in that disscusion or even in the entire game for that matter. I would be p*ssed if someone told me that. But he gets p*ssed randomly at something he never even cared about?

If someone can elaborate this side of Geralt, I would really appreciate it.

PS: sorry for my english. Not my first language.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  3. About Geralt's secrecy and him hiding his emotions...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A