• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Serp

Serp
3 months ago#1
Trying this out on 4k after a few years. I'm not sure it looks better than it did in 1080p. Granted it looked good at 1080p to begin with.

I assume the HD textures are in the GOTY edition. I remember using a mod though at 1080p and I guess I'll look for that and cross my fingers. I remember the mod did improve the base game tremendously even at 1080p.

Any other mods I should keep an eye out for? Truth be told I need a new GPU and am also waiting for the RTX update that is expected out sometime.
You're a stepping-stone...and I'm moving up. Don't take it personally.
Bla-Blast...A bit more, and...a crown...would have been...mine...

User Info: downyonder

downyonder
2 months ago#2
How big is your monitor?
"Grab 'em by the pu**y!"

Serp
2 months ago#3
downyonder posted...
How big is your monitor?

It was 32", I wound up returning it though. I don't think 4k is there yet, and for me it might never be since I like so many older games and emulated things. I'll revisit in 5 years.

User Info: MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla
2 weeks ago#4
The HDR and graphical difference between 1080p PS4 and my series X is huge. Like extremely obvious.

I realize that's not the same as PC to PC, but there's gotta be some kinda difference....

Serp
2 weeks ago#5
MagillaGuerilla posted...
The HDR and graphical difference between 1080p PS4 and my series X is huge. Like extremely obvious.

I realize that's not the same as PC to PC, but there's gotta be some kinda difference....

The differences you're seeing may not be the resolution, PS4 ran at 30fps and also had a lot of settings turned down as compared to PC, and I'm sure they tagged on a higher resolution texture pack on Series X.

But also it could be your TV. Especially if you have an OLED. I don't know entirely why this is the case, but it definitely feels like HDTVs handle upressing and motion much better than a PC monitor does. Could it also be the view distance? Most people sit very close to a monitor, whereas they sit further away from a TV.

From the research I did it definitely seems like OLED is a huge step up and the panel technology to target going forward. Not really on monitors much yet because of burn-in and other issues, but crossing my fingers they get that fixed and I might aim for a 27" 4k monitor at that point. I think 32" is just too big, I looked at some pixel density charts and it looks like 27" is kind of a sweet spot for 4k. Or I might stick with 1080p at 24" for longer, as it seems for the games I play there really might not be a difference, outside of just running my hardware harder.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A