This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Last move on my Vivillon moveset?

User Info: Heptade

Heptade
4 weeks ago#1
So I'm using that Vivillon basically since I've started the game and caught it as a Scatterbug before even completing the first gym. Unexpectedly great Pokémon considering its awful base stats, thanks to a great ability and a movepool that makes full use of it. I'm hesitating on what should be its fourth move. I've had quite a bit of success with both sets in the Battle Spot, though I've also found myself in situations where the one I didn't have would have been useful.

So here's my set:

Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: full Sp. Atk./ full Speed/ I think the rest is in HP

Moves:
-- Quiver Dance
-- Sleep Powder
-- Hurricane
-- either Bug Buzz or Powder.

Pretty standard Vivillon set. I think Bug Buzz's coverage might be more useful in a vacuum, though there is relatively little that Bug can hit that Flying can't... Still, it can be quite good against some adversaries. And unlike Hurricane, it never misses.

Powder, however, is something the opponent might not expect, as it doesn't seem to be used very often. Fire users will come in pretty confident, and then it explodes in their face, and I can play mind games, or even force a switch if I realize my opponent is Choiced.

So what do you guys think?
Me reconnaissez-vous? C'est moi le crisse de fou qui marche sur la ville.
Friend code 5043 - 4349 - 6972 The name's Laurent, you can add me as much as you want.

Heptade
4 weeks ago#2
bump
Friend code 5043 - 4349 - 6972 The name's Laurent, you can add me as much as you want.

Heptade
1 week ago#3
anyone?

User Info: Yuckiana

Yuckiana
1 week ago#4
Bug buzz, although powder is an okay move the trainer, especially an actual player is not just going to have fire type moves on a fire type. On top of that hurricane doesn’t do anything to Vivillions other weaknesses like electric and rock, and it might two shot an ice type BUT it has 70% accuracy. You probably already came to a conclusion but bug buzz is the best way to go, you can quiver dance and bug buzz them but quiver dancing and hurricaning them, although the pay off would be great, it’s a huge risk. Even with sleep powder it’s a risk. Bug buzz is the better option.

Honestly most bug types are better than vivillion (Pinsir, scolipede, vikavolt cutiefly even, most bugs after gen 5 are pretty great with the exception of vivillion)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Last move on my Vivillon moveset?