This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. WARNING: Avoid the GTS

User Info: Optimusskyler

Optimusskyler
4 weeks ago#11
BlissedIgnoranc posted...
The reason I disbelieve you is because it is literally IMPOSSIBLE for an edited/hacked pokemon to suddenly delete/release others. As stated above, it'd need to be a script/malicious code that would be executed either remotely (not physically possible), or executed when certain conditions are set (again, not possible)

The REASON these aren't possible, is because A, the 3DS doesn't have any means of a remote access tool to allow others to control/send code to it without modifying the target 3DS/2DS (meaning someone would need to take it off you and install custom/homebrew software)

And B: The coding in the pokemon games THEMSELVES is VERY limited, to the point the game crashes when it encounters code that's not recognized. If a hacked pokemon somehow MIRACULOUSLY made it onto the GTS with that sort of coding, and you traded for it, the game would enter an endless loop of crashing every time you boot it up. (You can't even inject code into the game without heavily modifying the cart anyway)

So the scenario you're describing, is quite literally impossible by the 3ds/2ds and game's own limitations.

Ten to one you misplaced them, they're in pokebank/your battle box, or traded them (Mew, etc can't be put on the GTS unless they're hacked anyway.), or you're lying.

The situation you described, is physically impossible.

Then I guess it must've been magic then.

But seriously, this stuff does happen. It's commonly reported. It doesn't take so much effort to make a malicious code within a Pokemon, apparently.

And if you say it's impossible, then I dunno what else to say other than... Look it up?

I'm trying to find a nice way to tell you that this actually happened exactly as I said, but just... No.

They weren't misplaced. The cartridge wasn't stolen. I never traded them manually. Nobody else traded them manually (thanks, activity log!). It happened immediately after the trade, with the power still on. Nobody hacked my system. So on and so forth.

I wish it was a mistake on my part, because then I wouldn't have to put up this warning, or have to deal with someone accusing me of trying to scare everyone. But seriously, this is what happened. I understand what you're trying to say, so I have no explanations as to how, but I do know that it does happen, and it happens frequently enough for many people I know personally to have the same problem, as well as people online reporting the same problem.

...I doubt this'll be enough though. You're probably gonna counter me again with something that I'll just say didn't happen again. Point is, this argument isn't going anywhere. You say it isn't possible, yet I experienced it without a doubt. That's an anomaly. Best thing to do now is to not argue back and forth, because it'll continue on until this topic gets archived.

Let's just agree to not put in more firewood into the fire, here.
Hands off my bread! -Falco
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Mineral87

Mineral87
4 weeks ago#12
@Optimusskyler so just out of curiosity, what exactly happened with you, your brother, and your friends' game? I would like to know the whole story/details
FC: 1178-1410-5337, IGN: Minh

Optimusskyler
3 weeks ago#13
Mineral87 posted...
@Optimusskyler so just out of curiosity, what exactly happened with you, your brother, and your friends' game? I would like to know the whole story/details

So, I made a trade on the GTS. I traded away... something? for a Cradily. At least I'm pretty sure it was a Cradily. I was on a quest to not just have all Pokemon registered as caught, but from the Kalos region as well, and Cradily was one of the few I had left to get with that blue pentagon thingy. (Of course, not all Pokemon can be obtained in the Kalos region, so that blue pentagon on, say, a Celebi, is most likely hacked. ...unless there was an event or something.)

Anyways, I made the trade, and I immediately noticed afterwards that one of my main team Pokemon had gone missing. A Mew.

I know it went missing right after that trade, because the last thing I did before the GTS trade was battle the Elite Four for like a fiftieth time. With Mew in my party. And it also keeps prompting me to save before I go to the GTS, and from that screen, I can see my entire party.

So yeah, after that trade, my Mew was missing immediately. So I checked to see if it somehow ended up in my box. It wasn't. Instead, basically all of my shinies, legendaries, etc. had gone missing. Some were replaced with weak Pokemon or eggs. Others were just straight up gone.

It took a week, but the same thing happened to my brother afterwards. And then a couple of my friends followed behind, one after the other.

I had to get one of my other friends to hack in my good Pokemon back. Shortly afterwards, his save was also hit by this thing, whatever it was.

And then I looked online, and it seemed to be reported quite a bit. Some were blaming save corruption, but I thought a corrupted save just makes it impossible to play anymore? But they all had the same problem: the valuable Pokemon were gone, some were replaced, most were gone entirely. A few were able to notice it happened immediately after a GTS trade. If you give me a few hours, I can find a handful of these reports for you, if you want.

So I had my friend hack my Pokemon back in, but my brother and my friends had other, newer Pokemon games so they weren't all that disappointed. I never got a new Pokemon game compatible with X (I do have Lets go Eevee but that's something else.), so I kinda cared about my progress in this game.

So there's that.

Aside from that though, I've noticed that this isn't the only GTS problem. I stayed off the GTS ever since, but it looks like hacked Pokemon on the GTS are becoming much much more common, and many of them are malicious and can do bad things to save files, ranging from just corrupting it entirely, to what I experienced. I'm not the first one to warn about the GTS. It seems the general knowledge online is that the GTS has become a minefield for anyone looking for anything more valuable than a Zapdos.

...I think I spoke for too long.

I tend to do that. Somebody needs to stop me. Lol.

User Info: Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian
3 weeks ago#14
Fun fact many dont know, Hackers do not harm anything, its the Crackers anyone should be weary of.
Sanctus Dominus Infernus ad Astra
Regus Kobalus....cast unholy fire

User Info: kamilohbk

kamilohbk
3 weeks ago#15
You probably got traded a missingno or something..
Nintendo Switch FC: SW - 1377 - 4544 - 1026 || Also best sig https://i.imgur.com/Mza24s3.png

User Info: Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian
2 weeks ago#16
Just traded multiple pokemon on the GTS, none were hacked....I guess its a bit less full of crackers than TC is claiming. (yes crackers, not hackers. Crackers hack with ill intend while hackers hack and only watch stuff without changing anything, thats the difference.)
Sanctus Dominus Infernus ad Astra
Regus Kobalus....cast unholy fire
Spacefrisian posted...
Just traded multiple pokemon on the GTS, none were hacked....I guess its a bit less full of crackers than TC is claiming. (yes crackers, not hackers. Crackers hack with ill intend while hackers hack and only watch stuff without changing anything, thats the difference.)

I've been doing hundreds of event/shiny trades on the GTS over the past few months. No problems. I even tried to trade a couple times with one of those glitchy, blank-faced entries, and all that happened was an error where I had to turn the power off.

In conclusion: TC is either a troll, has bad memory (like released or placed the pokemon somewhere and forgot), or his brother/friends got hold of his cartridge and pulled a huge prank on him.
IGN is Goola, Y trainer name is DarkPsycho and code is 5215 1239 5630

Optimusskyler
2 weeks ago#18
ApocalypticPosn posted...
Spacefrisian posted...

I've been doing hundreds of event/shiny trades on the GTS over the past few months. No problems. I even tried to trade a couple times with one of those glitchy, blank-faced entries, and all that happened was an error where I had to turn the power off.

In conclusion: TC is either a troll, has bad memory (like released or placed the pokemon somewhere and forgot), or his brother/friends got hold of his cartridge and pulled a huge prank on him.

Ugh. Now there's more than one of these people claiming this.

Look, I wish you were right. I wish it was just a prank. I wish it was just my mistake.

But it happened live, in front of my eyes. And if you don't believe that... Then I don't know what to tell you.

But please don't call me a troll or anything like that. Because you're just wrong. That's simply not the case.

But I'm glad you at least managed to stay on the GTS that long without experiencing what I got. But now I'm genuinely confused as to what's happening.

But I'm not confused about this: this warning isn't being taken seriously, and people are claiming I'm lying to scare the board, or just trolling. So, uh, that's not helping anything at all. But if you could stay on the GTS that long without what happened to me, then I guess the problem has more or less run its course. I'm going to close this topic. It isn't helping anyone. And I'm tired of being called a troll for this.

...now all that's left is to figure out HOW to close the topic... Give me a minute here...
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. WARNING: Avoid the GTS
  • Topic Closed