This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Which of these Pokemon Gen Games Should I Play?

User Info: Xethea

Xethea
3 months ago#1
Which of these Pokemon Gen Games Should I Play? - Results (175 votes)
Y & X
28% (49 votes)
Omega Ruby / Omega Saphire
26.29% (46 votes)
Black/White 1
17.71% (31 votes)
Black/White 2
28% (49 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I have played and cleared red, yellow, blue, gold, silver, Crystal, heart gold, soul silver, Sun/Moon, Ultra Sun, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Lets Go Eevee, Emerald, and a bit of Ruby.

But these other gens or games I've never played. What would you recommend next?

User Info: Element-17

Element-17
3 months ago#2
If you want to explore the entire Pokémon franchise, try going in release order (B/W>B2/W2>XY>ΩR/αS) so that you can experience the changes and additions as they happened.

B/W start Generation V, and B2/W2 are generally considered superior in every way except story. You may decide to skip B/W if you don't want to repeat regions. If you do want to play both, play B/W first.

X/Y start off Generation VI and are the only games that take place in Kalos. ΩR/αS are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.

Is there anything in particular you want in a Pokémon game? Something you liked or didn't like about other games? Something specific might helps us narrow down a recommendation.
Why bother making a signature?

User Info: Xethea

Xethea
3 months ago#3
Element-17 posted...
If you want to explore the entire Pokémon franchise, try going in release order (B/W>B2/W2>XY>ΩR/αS) so that you can experience the changes and additions as they happened.

B/W start Generation V, and B2/W2 are generally considered superior in every way except story. You may decide to skip B/W if you don't want to repeat regions. If you do want to play both, play B/W first.

X/Y start off Generation VI and are the only games that take place in Kalos. ΩR/αS are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.

Is there anything in particular you want in a Pokémon game? Something you liked or didn't like about other games? Something specific might helps us narrow down a recommendation.

Well I didn't like the new sun and moon thing where there are no gyms. There was something I always enjoyed about gyms instead. I wasnt really sure what was released first, but I was pretty sure ruby and sapphire were remakes, but I wasn't sure if the changes were very different with new stuff or just mostly graphics and sounds.

I was more interested in what everyone thought was the better, more fun, cooler looking, more challenging game out of these, I suppose. At this point, I'd rather play the better game first because my time being an adult now is being taken up more by my 12 hour shift job and new babies. So it may even be over a year or 2 before I even get to finish even simply the story of the pokemon game, whichever one I play next. So I'd rather play the better game overall. I really still like the first 151/150 pokemon more, whichever game mostly has those might be nice as well.

User Info: PokemaniacLuke

PokemaniacLuke
3 months ago#4
Xethea posted...
Element-17 posted...

Well I didn't like the new sun and moon thing where there are no gyms. There was something I always enjoyed about gyms instead. I wasnt really sure what was released first, but I was pretty sure ruby and sapphire were remakes, but I wasn't sure if the changes were very different with new stuff or just mostly graphics and sounds.

I was more interested in what everyone thought was the better, more fun, cooler looking, more challenging game out of these, I suppose. At this point, I'd rather play the better game first because my time being an adult now is being taken up more by my 12 hour shift job and new babies. So it may even be over a year or 2 before I even get to finish even simply the story of the pokemon game, whichever one I play next. So I'd rather play the better game overall. I really still like the first 151/150 pokemon more, whichever game mostly has those might be nice as well.

I would strongly reccomend Gen 5 before Gen 6 because Gen 6 added ~82 new mons and had an inferior story.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Which of these Pokemon Gen Games Should I Play?
  • Topic Archived