This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shiny Fennekin Problem

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Shiny Fennekin Problem

User Info: ThinkInk

ThinkInk
4 weeks ago#1
I’m trying to hatch a shiny fennekin with the Masuda method by breeding a German fennekin with an English ditto. Constantly hatching eggs with no success. Am I doing anything wrong?
I am Octavius, weapon collector, poll lover, and overall professional squidbagger.

User Info: GeekingKitty

GeekingKitty
4 weeks ago#2
Nope, nothing wrong. You're using the best method for hatching by having a foreign Pokemon. Unfortunately you've just got to be persistent, could take a while. Using the Hatching O-Power speeds things up a bit, and having the Oval Stone. I know some people try saving before getting the eggs, getting as many as they can carry, hatching, then if there's no shiny soft resetting. Again, just may take time. Hope you get lucky soon!
Friend Code: 1736 - 2551 - 4291 IGN: Lesley
Pokemon, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy.... I geek a lot. :)

User Info: MachineLove

MachineLove
4 weeks ago#3
Having a pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor ability also halves the hatching time. It stacks with the hatching O-Power.

Also more time consuming, but if you complete the Pokedex you'll also get a Shiny Charm which helps the odds of getting a shiny. Sounds like a giant task but the GTS is an important asset.

Breeding a shiny is a game of pure luck, even with all the help mentioned. Good luck!

GeekingKitty
4 weeks ago#4
MachineLove posted...
Having a pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor ability also halves the hatching time. It stacks with the hatching O-Power.

Also more time consuming, but if you complete the Pokedex you'll also get a Shiny Charm which helps the odds of getting a shiny. Sounds like a giant task but the GTS is an important asset.

Breeding a shiny is a game of pure luck, even with all the help mentioned. Good luck!

I forgot about those! Good catch.

@ThinkInk How is your pokedex coming along? I can breed anything for you to help you fill it to get that shiny charm. :)

GeekingKitty
4 weeks ago#5
GeekingKitty posted...
Nope, nothing wrong. You're using the best method for hatching by having a foreign Pokemon. Unfortunately you've just got to be persistent, could take a while. Using the Hatching O-Power speeds things up a bit, and having the Oval Stone. I know some people try saving before getting the eggs, getting as many as they can carry, hatching, then if there's no shiny soft resetting. Again, just may take time. Hope you get lucky soon!

Oops, meant Oval Charm. :P
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Shiny Fennekin Problem

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived