This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Breeding Speed Boost Torchic, why doesnt it work?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Breeding Speed Boost Torchic, why doesnt it work?

User Info: Tumalu

Tumalu
2 months ago#1
I have a FEMALE speed boost torchic and am breeding it with a MALE field egg group pokemon. They are producing eggs but every single torchic that hatched did not get the HA Speed boost, but instead had its normal ability. I have hatched about 36 eggs so far, none came out with the HA. Is speed boost torchic not possible to breed? What am I doing wrong?

PS the female is holding destiny knot, male has no held item.

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
2 months ago#2
My first question is where did you get the SB Torchic? If someone traded it to you, it's possible it is poorly hacked. Meaning it technically has its hidden ability, but the hidden ability flag in its data isn't set, so it doesn't get passed down. The best way I can think of to check is to evolve it to Combusken. If the ability becomes Blaze, then my guess was accurate. But if it stays Speed Boost, then you're just unlucky.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: Tumalu

Tumalu
2 months ago#3
Thank you, it was definately a hacked torchic because its shiny with all perfect IVs and speedboost, on top of being female. I will try to get a different torchic, thank you for clearing this up for me. :)

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
2 months ago#4
If you'd like, I can get you a legit Speed Boost Torchic. Gender and IVs not guaranteed, but if all you need is the ability, then send a PM my way.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Breeding Speed Boost Torchic, why doesnt it work?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived