This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best movest for Aurorus w/ Refrigerate?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Best movest for Aurorus w/ Refrigerate?

User Info: Snake_Eyes270

Snake_Eyes270
3 years ago#1
hey guys, I just play casually and wanted to take advantage of the normal move conversion Aurorus has with its refrigerate ability, just wondering what moves and or normal moves would work best for Aurorus with this ability?
3DS: 2492-4456-0621 nick:Robby (Friend Safari Type:DRAGON) PM me if you add me! Always looking to complete my pokedex X&Y!

User Info: Hydregionzek

Hydregionzek
3 years ago#2
None

Power Gem
Hyper Voice

That is all
IGN Caesar Fc:3024-5514-8113. TSV: 3089.
Founder of: 3G3. Proud member of: +- guild. Read my Quote for more info!

Snake_Eyes270
3 years ago#3
I figured it might be good to use some more normal moves since they become ice type and get a damage boost, it can learn quite a few normal type moves through levelling up or TM's
3DS: 2492-4456-0621 nick:Robby (Friend Safari Type:DRAGON) PM me if you add me! Always looking to complete my pokedex X&Y!

User Info: RAcastBlaster

RAcastBlaster
3 years ago#4
Aurorus @ Weakness Policy
252 HP/ something...
~ Nature Power (usually becomes Tri-Attack online, also Nature Power counts as a Status move, so it bypasses Sucker Punch)
~ Thunderbolt / Dark Pulse
~ Ancientpower
~ Rock Polish
Currently playing: Pokemon Y (Name: Ensei), Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299 FS: Ghost @ Drfiblim, Lampent, Pumpkaboo
Steel is superior.

User Info: darkshadowspawn

darkshadowspawn
3 years ago#5
The problem is that the only Normal moves that have any decent BP that are learned are Round (60 BP+, level/TM) and Nature Power (building/plain terrain/sky battle/link battle, 80 BP, TM)...I'm pretty sure that the Ice moves that are learned naturally are better options. I'll do some calculations later today...going back to work soon.

Round can be good...if you're using Aurorus in a double/triple battle. Nature Power is only a Normal move when it's used in one of those areas, so if you're not battling there, it gets no boost from Refrigerate.
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh

Snake_Eyes270
3 years ago#6
would nature power with refrigerate change the move type when used, or would it use for example razor leaf, and it would be grass still or normal type?

User Info: RAcastBlaster

RAcastBlaster
3 years ago#7
Snake_Eyes270 posted...
would nature power with refrigerate change the move type when used, or would it use for example razor leaf, and it would be grass still or normal type?

Nature Power in Link Battles becomes Tri Attack (usually).
Currently playing: Pokemon Y (Name: Ensei), Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299 FS: Ghost @ Drfiblim, Lampent, Pumpkaboo
Steel is superior.

User Info: BigWorldJust

BigWorldJust
3 years ago#8
Aurorus @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Refrigerate
Modest Nature
EV's: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
- Nature Power
- Ancient Power
- Freeze Dry/Thunderbolt
- Encore
PSN ID: xXMiista_St0ner
3DS FC: 2148-8253-4976

Snake_Eyes270
3 years ago#9
what about take down or hyper beam or something like that? hyper beam turned into ice type with damage boost would be pretty good wouldnt it? keep in mind again I just play casually not online and am just looking for fun and effective movesets

User Info: darkshadowspawn

darkshadowspawn
3 years ago#10
Since Nature Power is a 'status move', it wouldn't be affected at all by Refrigerate at the outset. Once the move goes off, it changes into one of a few moves; if it changes into anything other than Tri Attack, you'll not get the boost (since no other move is Normal-type).

The thing is, though, you've got a 20% chance to paralyse/freeze/burn the target (~6.67% for each), so it's a good option if you can guarantee it.
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Best movest for Aurorus w/ Refrigerate?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived