This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Perish song stop baton pass on every front?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Does Perish song stop baton pass on every front?

User Info: jolteonsock

jolteonsock
3 years ago#11
BlueHarvestPOTW posted...
jolteonsock posted...
Mr Mime is common on Baton Pass teams and completely hard counters it.

Wouldn't eviolite prankster murkrow counter with foul play? Bulbapedia says PS is an egg move for em. It's not like people have to go out of their way for that as prankster murkrow isn't exactly unheard of this gen.

Nah.

Murkrow Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mr. Mime: 46-55 (16.1 - 19.3%)

That is of course best case scenario. If The Baton Pass team has any defense boosts or if Mr. Mine used Iron Defense Murkrow's Foul Play won't even leave a scratch.

Yeah I caught that after too. So he's pretty bulky. I want to play some BP users now that and test some things. Pretty interesting stuff The more you know right? So assuming you can find a way to take out mime then, are there any other deterrents to perish singing your way out of it?
Pokemon X FC 3582 9256 4581

User Info: BlueHarvestPOTW

BlueHarvestPOTW
3 years ago#12
jolteonsock posted...
jolteonsock posted...
Mr Mime is common on Baton Pass teams and completely hard counters it.

Wouldn't eviolite prankster murkrow counter with foul play? Bulbapedia says PS is an egg move for em. It's not like people have to go out of their way for that as prankster murkrow isn't exactly unheard of this gen.

Nah.

Murkrow Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mr. Mime: 46-55 (16.1 - 19.3%)

That is of course best case scenario. If The Baton Pass team has any defense boosts or if Mr. Mine used Iron Defense Murkrow's Foul Play won't even leave a scratch.

Yeah I caught that after too. So he's pretty bulky. I want to play some BP users now that and test some things. Pretty interesting stuff The more you know right? So assuming you can find a way to take out mime then, are there any other deterrents to perish singing your way out of it?

Haze is probably the easiest way. Not a guaranteed win but it usually does the the job. Leading with something like a Nasty Plot Thundurus also tends to wipe out Baton Pass pretty quickly.
I write the Serebii Pokemon of the week.
"What does the Dephox say?" on Serebii forums.

User Info: DasManiac

DasManiac
3 years ago#13
Who uses Mr. Mime? I've battled many Baton Pass teams and not one of them used Mr. Mime. Even if Mr. Mime leads, the best Perish Song user is Mega Gengar so Mr. Mime is completely screwed. I mean if you are using Perish Song then you're probably using Mega Gengar.

User Info: zelionx

zelionx
3 years ago#14
DasManiac posted...
Who uses Mr. Mime? I've battled many Baton Pass teams and not one of them used Mr. Mime. Even if Mr. Mime leads, the best Perish Song user is Mega Gengar so Mr. Mime is completely screwed. I mean if you are using Perish Song then you're probably using Mega Gengar.

Mr mime is on the team that is the reason why baton pass got so much attention
3DS: 5412-9925-4803 Everything else: ZelionX
Go Spurs Go :)

User Info: celticpride6

celticpride6
3 years ago#15
The problem is Murkrow is deadweight against every other play style.
I'll think of something creative to put here another time.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Does Perish song stop baton pass on every front?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived