This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Perish song stop baton pass on every front?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Does Perish song stop baton pass on every front?

User Info: jolteonsock

jolteonsock
3 years ago#1
By the title, I simply mean does magic bounce, or any similar move negate what perish song does? I'm not up to date with all the meta stuff but I just heard about the BP ban/limitation and although I've never played a BP team before it seems a little silly if the entire team's momentum can be shut down by one move. Assuming Perish song can't be stopped then I'd guess the only problem with the strategy is that you have to use it before they get their chain going; however, if the suspects are the same 3-4 pokes (sylveon, scoliopede especially, espeon, etc) then wouldn't it just make sense to carry a perish song user and expect to use them early?

I've been reading as much as I can on other forums and while I usually shrug at Smogon bans I'm not sure I understand the severity of BP teams and the need for this one. Can someone explain it a little better to me? We have to carry a dedicated rapid spinner/defogger so what fault is there in carrying a dedicated perish song user?
Pokemon X FC 3582 9256 4581

User Info: fawful_X

fawful_X
3 years ago#2
Bulbapedia says that the only thing Perish Song doesn't work on are the odd ducks (Soundproof pokemon).
My Current Nuzlocke: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000300-pokemon-emerald-social/69374862
Seid ihr das Essen? Nein! wir sind der Jager!

User Info: BlueHarvestPOTW

BlueHarvestPOTW
3 years ago#3
Mr Mime is common on Baton Pass teams and completely hard counters it.
I write the Serebii Pokemon of the week.
"What does the Dephox say?" on Serebii forums.

jolteonsock
3 years ago#4
BlueHarvestPOTW posted...

Wouldn't eviolite prankster murkrow counter with foul play? Bulbapedia says PS is an egg move for em. It's not like people have to go out of their way for that as prankster murkrow isn't exactly unheard of this gen.

User Info: zelionx

zelionx
3 years ago#5
No because mr mime is part fairy now
3DS: 5412-9925-4803 Everything else: ZelionX
Go Spurs Go :)

User Info: RAcastBlaster

RAcastBlaster
3 years ago#6
zelionx posted...

Also, Mr. Mime can probably one-shot Murkrow.
Currently playing: Pokemon Y (Name: Ensei), Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299 FS: Ghost @ Drfiblim, Lampent, Pumpkaboo
Steel is superior.

User Info: BestInTheWorId

BestInTheWorId
3 years ago#7
Lol Murkrow. You clearly don't know anything about the metagame. Thats like saying Kyogre shouldn't be banned because Shedinja walls or Arceus because Skarmory walls.
http://i.imgur.com/SvAptvS.jpg

jolteonsock
3 years ago#8
zelionx posted...

I see. I forget about that. I ran some calcs and messed with bulbapedia and the best counter I could see is that jolly mega absol can do about 95% with iron tail to a 252 hp/252 def mr mime and also pack the perish song. If rocks are up it may be a OHKO. I suppose the problem is then getting up rocks and then making sure you can make that match up happen before mime gets a defense boost.

jolteonsock
3 years ago#9
BestInTheWorId posted...
Lol Murkrow. You clearly don't know anything about the metagame. Thats like saying Kyogre shouldn't be banned because Shedinja walls or Arceus because Skarmory walls.

Actually if you read my first line I said I DON'T keep up to date with it always. Does this mean I should never have the right to discuss it? What better way to learn than through discussions. Don't be that guy. I see a lot of prankster Murkrows personally, so that's why I originally didn't think it would be crazy to suggest that.

User Info: BlueHarvestPOTW

BlueHarvestPOTW
3 years ago#10
jolteonsock posted...

Wouldn't eviolite prankster murkrow counter with foul play? Bulbapedia says PS is an egg move for em. It's not like people have to go out of their way for that as prankster murkrow isn't exactly unheard of this gen.

Nah.

Murkrow Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mr. Mime: 46-55 (16.1 - 19.3%)

That is of course best case scenario. If The Baton Pass team has any defense boosts or if Mr. Mine used Iron Defense Murkrow's Foul Play won't even leave a scratch.
I write the Serebii Pokemon of the week.
"What does the Dephox say?" on Serebii forums.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Does Perish song stop baton pass on every front?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived