This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When you Mega Evolve, do the stats and ability only change on the next turn?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. When you Mega Evolve, do the stats and ability only change on the next turn?

User Info: wolf rider

wolf rider
4 years ago#1
Mega Banette seems so awesome ...
FC: 0447 6935 5049

User Info: The_Dragonw

The_Dragonw
4 years ago#2
Speed changes next turn.

I'm not sure about the other stats.
3DS FC:195085778687- Flying: Swanna, Doduo, Rufflet SV:1496 IGN:Jin Region:UK OGPCID:00021
The official Super Enraged Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards

User Info: Cheese_Crackers

Cheese_Crackers
4 years ago#3
They change instantly, but the Pokemon attack order can't be changed. If you were slower before mega evolving and faster after, you'll still go last on the turn you evolve.
Though the fear of death is a common one, the fear of life is a more rational one.

User Info: TheGuyNamedWolf

TheGuyNamedWolf
4 years ago#4
Everything changes except for the order of which Pokemon goes first. This mechanic goes further than just Mega Evolutions, such as using Tailwind in a double battle on Talonflame not suddenly allowing your other Pokemon to go earlier than a Pokemon that is slower post-tailwind.

tl;dr: It is not the speed/ability that doesn't apply turn 1, it is the turn order.
"If you die on me, I swear I'll kill you!"

wolf rider
4 years ago#5
WolfJounin posted...
Everything changes except for the order of which Pokemon goes first. This mechanic goes further than just Mega Evolutions, such as using Tailwind in a double battle on Talonflame not suddenly allowing your other Pokemon to go earlier than a Pokemon that is slower post-tailwind.

tl;dr: It is not the speed/ability that doesn't apply turn 1, it is the turn order.

So Prankster still doesn't allow me to go first with a priority move because the turn order has been set?

User Info: MysterPixel

MysterPixel
4 years ago#6
wolf rider posted...
WolfJounin posted...

So Prankster still doesn't allow me to go first with a priority move because the turn order has been set?

Yes this is correct.

The only things that can change the move order after the round starts are Quash, After You, and Round.

TheGuyNamedWolf
4 years ago#7
wolf rider posted...
WolfJounin posted...

Pretty much.

User Info: Gameandwatch2

Gameandwatch2
4 years ago#8
Yes.

Which is partly why Mega Banette is bad.
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937
3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Flying Safari: Swanna, Spearow, Doduo)

wolf rider
4 years ago#9

And here I thought Game Freak actually made a well-designed pokemon.

I knew it was too good to be true ...

TheGuyNamedWolf
4 years ago#10
wolf rider posted...

And here I thought Game Freak actually made a well-designed pokemon.

I knew it was too good to be true ...

You can use Protect to make up for that first turn. Can also combo well with Disable.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. When you Mega Evolve, do the stats and ability only change on the next turn?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived