This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

breeding help

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. breeding help

User Info: SapphireOfChaos

SapphireOfChaos
3 years ago#11
No, all 5IV's breeding with a 6IV have the same chance for a 6IV child.

Personally, I'd use the one who produces a child that, if they inherit the recessive IV, shows up immediately in the stat screen; like, say the 31 IV shows its stat as a 6, but the non-maxed IV makes it 5? Use that, so you know to immediately toss any 5's in that (or other) stat(s) that you know for a fact or rejectable.
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - IGN: Sapphire (Shiny Charm obtained: 2/5/2014)
Friend Safari: Fire - Growlithe, Charmeleon, Braixen | TSV: 401

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
3 years ago#12
grizz96 posted...
My problem is that I'm breeding it for a friend and he wants a male and the 5IV one is female. I know I want a physical attacker but I'm not sure about my friend. So changing out the Chimchars won't make a difference?

No because Destiny Knot passes 5 IVs, and the ones that are passed is random. You can have one with perfect IVs in all but Attack and another with perfect IVs in all but Speed, and the baby could very well have both perfect Attack and Speed but non-perfect HP. Once you have a 5-IV/6-IV parent setup, there's no real reason to change it since you can't really make the odds much better than that, short of having two 6-IV'd parents.
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe

SapphireOfChaos
3 years ago#13
Oh, here's an idea: you can force the odds of a 6IV child appearing to act as if the 5IV and 6IV parents are two 6IV's. Just give the 6IV parent a Power Item in the stat the non-6IV does not have maxed, and have the 5IV hold the Destiny Knot. You will now have a 1/32 chance of a 6IV offspring, but your Nature will be randomized.

Only really do this if your 6IV is a Ditto with the Nature you want. Then, once you get a random 6IV child, use that with the 6IV Ditto holding Everstone and the Chimchar with Destiny Knot, and you'll have your new 1/32 odds of a 6IV child with the right Nature.
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - IGN: Sapphire (Shiny Charm obtained: 2/5/2014)

User Info: grizz96

grizz96
3 years ago#14
OK Thanks for all the information! I'm going to keep trying for the 6IVs for my friend and keep the 5IV one for myself.
ACNL FC: 4613-6691-8120 Town: Jellystn; Mayor: Smith;
3DS XL FC:5069 4194 0261;

User Info: grizz96

grizz96
3 years ago#15
Chaosmaster00 posted...
Oh, here's an idea: you can force the odds of a 6IV child appearing to act as if the 5IV and 6IV parents are two 6IV's. Just give the 6IV parent a Power Item in the stat the non-6IV does not have maxed, and have the 5IV hold the Destiny Knot. You will now have a 1/32 chance of a 6IV offspring, but your Nature will be randomized.

Only really do this if your 6IV is a Ditto with the Nature you want. Then, once you get a random 6IV child, use that with the 6IV Ditto holding Everstone and the Chimchar with Destiny Knot, and you'll have your new 1/32 odds of a 6IV child with the right Nature.

That is a great idea! Now I just have to trade for the power item I need or hope those stupid PGL games cough up the right one. They keep giving me berries instead of the power items.
ACNL FC: 4613-6691-8120 Town: Jellystn; Mayor: Smith;
3DS XL FC:5069 4194 0261;

SapphireOfChaos
3 years ago#16
Or, if you have Bank, you could easily get the BP for Power Items by having stored a ton of random pokes in Bank and just waiting to reaccess it for like a week. I got over 60 BP last time I checked my Bank to find a pokemon I needed for eggmoves because I hadn't been on it in over a month. <.<

Alternatively, the Battle Institute (not Maison) is pretty good about giving out respectable BP; if you get a good rank in it, you can get 11+ BP just from the five battles you fight, and you don't even have to win all five either.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. breeding help

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived