This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Poke radar and Shiny Charm

User Info: Pikachu222

Pikachu222
6 years ago#1
If they work together does anyone know what number to stop chaining at and just keep resetting the radar? I know without shiny charm you should stop at 40, but I wonder if they work together maybe it's lower now.

Pikachu222
6 years ago#2
Bump

Pikachu222
6 years ago#3
Bump

Pikachu222
6 years ago#4
Bump

User Info: jiminy273

jiminy273
6 years ago#5
If you do the math, the shiny charm doesn't actually make much of a difference in pokeradar chaining. At a chain of 38, the odds of a shiny patch appearing is 1/800 without the shiny charm and 3/800 with the shiny charm. At a chain of 39, the odds of a shiny patch appearing is 1/400 without a shiny charm and mathematically should be 3/400 with the shiny charm but because the maximum odds of the shiny patch appearance during radar chaining is capped at 1/200, then the odds of a shiny patch appearing at chain 39 with the shiny charm would be 1/200.

Edited: Corrected my numbers.
3DS FC: 4811-6978-7554 Shiny value: 1971 Fighting type safari with Throh, Meditite and Riolu
Please PM me your FC if you add me so I can add you back.

Pikachu222
6 years ago#6
jiminy273 posted...
If you do the math, the shiny charm doesn't actually make much of a difference in pokeradar chaining. At a chain of 38, the odds of a shiny patch appearing is 1/800 without the shiny charm and 3/800 with the shiny charm. At a chain of 39, the odds of a shiny patch appearing is 1/400 without a shiny charm and mathematically should be 3/400 with the shiny charm but because the maximum odds of the shiny patch appearance during radar chaining is capped at 1/200, then the odds of a shiny patch appearing at chain 39 with the shiny charm would be 1/200.

Edited: Corrected my numbers.

Sorry I have to admit its a little confusing to me. What I mean to ask is if I want the same odds of finding a shiny without the shiny charm at a chain of 40, how many pokemon would I need to chain up to with the shiny charm?

I'm basically hoping to lower the number I need to chain to because I'm not great with the poke radar.

Or are you saying that I should still chain all the way to 40 because it doesn't help that much?

User Info: jiminy273

jiminy273
6 years ago#7
Essentially, what I am saying is that to get to a 1/200 chance of a shiny patch appearing, you need to get to is chain 39, which isn't all that much different than getting to a chain of 40.
3DS FC: 4811-6978-7554 Shiny value: 1971 Fighting type safari with Throh, Meditite and Riolu
Please PM me your FC if you add me so I can add you back.

Pikachu222
6 years ago#8
jiminy273 posted...
Essentially, what I am saying is that to get to a 1/200 chance of a shiny patch appearing, you need to get to is chain 39, which isn't all that much different than getting to a chain of 40.

Oh I see now. That isn't much different you're right. Thank you for the help though, I appreciate it! :)

User Info: CyberWhiteTiger

CyberWhiteTiger
6 years ago#9
Something of note though is while chaining you can still get random shinies in the normal patches.
Pokemon X FC: 4484 8823 6418 - add me if you want for friend safari but also PM me so I can add back
Friend Safari - Fighting - Meditite, Pancham & Tyrogue
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Poke radar and Shiny Charm
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A