This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do Lv100 Pokemon hog Exp. points from other Pokemon? Should I use the Exp.Share?

User Info: -Unowninator-

-Unowninator-
6 years ago#1
Stupid 80 character limit.

Anyway, I want to level up my Mewtwo. I have 3 other Pokemon at level 100 that can wipe the restaurant battles. Do they take any Exp. Points from Mewtwo? Also, will turning the Exp. Share on or off make a difference?
''I don't make the rules, I just break them'' ~ Molamelerieth
FC: 3007-8077-9159 Sign my petition to allow more PMs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-/68039387

User Info: LinkHeroOfTime3

LinkHeroOfTime3
6 years ago#2
Let's say in a fight, you kill 1 pokemon and it gives 100 exp. If the exp. share is on, the other pokemon in your party will all gain 50 exp. with the main fighter also taking the 100 exp. If more then one pokemon fought, say two, the two would both gain 100 exp with the others that didn't fight get 50. There is no loss of experience, just gain.

User Info: legendrider

legendrider
6 years ago#3
EXP share (but it's really EXP All from Gen 1) has been improved.
That it no longer cuts EXP to divide it between Pokemon

Pokemon that partake in the battle get 100% EXp, and does that don't get 50%
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
6 years ago#4
And note that it did not work that way in previous gens. They changed the EXP system for this gen, after having already changed it last gen.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

User Info: Doom_Pie

Doom_Pie
6 years ago#5
Why not just do the Rotation Battle and send Mewtwo out there with a Lucky Egg? Mewtwo could probably sweep on its own, but you could just put one of the level 100's in the lead with an Amulet Coin and let it do all the work, while Mewtwo still gets all the experience of participating in battle.

edit: Sorry, when you mentioned 3 sweepers I just assumed you were using those while keeping Mewtwo out of the battle and using Exp Share. Yeah, the level 100's won't take any of Mewtwo's exp, and having Exp Share on won't make a difference if Mewtwo is already participating in the battle.
360 GT: Doom Pie
3DS FC: 4253-3596-9784

-Unowninator-
6 years ago#6
Alright, thanks guys.
FC: 3007-8077-9159 Sign my petition to allow more PMs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-/68039387

-Unowninator-
6 years ago#7
The 3 star one gives more Exp, right?

User Info: Doom_Pie

Doom_Pie
6 years ago#8
-Unowninator- posted...
The 3 star one gives more Exp, right?

I use Restaurant Le Wow personally. Sushi Hi-Roller might give more experience (although there's a Audino in the Le Wow battles), but the initial fee for getting in Hi-Roller is well...high. Apparently you can lower the entrance fee there with subsequent visits, but I haven't tried that yet.
360 GT: Doom Pie
3DS FC: 4253-3596-9784

User Info: RuneArcanis

RuneArcanis
6 years ago#9
I use Restaurant Such Wow and Triple Battles. My 3 battlers are lvl 100 and my other 3 have Lucky Eggs on them. I also use XP Power 3 before "Dining". My newly hatched Pokémon typically end up around 39 - 40 after all of the courses.
Pokemon FC: 2793-0726-6683 Bug Safari: Combee, Masquerain, Vivillon
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do Lv100 Pokemon hog Exp. points from other Pokemon? Should I use the Exp.Share?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers