This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Roar+Copycat not working.

User Info: SuperSensei

SuperSensei
7 years ago#1
So I'm using a prankster Riolu in Battle Maison and I set up entry hazards with Ferrothorn and let him do his thing. After that Riolu is sent out first thing I do is roar causing the opponent to switch, and then I use copycat to copy roar but it fails. Am I doing something wrong?
3ds code 0860-3360-3456
Friend Safari Dark: Vullaby, Cacturne, and Inkay.

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
7 years ago#2
Copycat now fails if Roar was the last move.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: Xavuu

Xavuu
7 years ago#3
It was a gen V glitch. No longer works. Interesting how a glitch can become legal like swords dance shedinja.
STAB Quick Attack. Staraptor.

User Info: CA0001

CA0001
7 years ago#4
They changed Prankster's effects on Roar, Copycat and Assist, destroying their respective strategies.
FC: 2793 1878 2039 (3DS) 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
7 years ago#5
Xavuu posted...
It was a gen V glitch.

Just like when I walk through the sand and slow down and can't be bothered to remember how the wolf senses work, and how my MP is stuck at zero when I equip the obvious magic-nulling plot trinket!

All the things people on these boards defend as "not glitches" and then we get the other side of the coin, where things that aren't glitchy in the slightest and work exactly the way you'd expect are "glitches". 9_9

They changed how it works because it was, at least in their opinion, overpowered, not because it was a glitch.
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Roar+Copycat not working.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Glitches and tos? Tech Support1 Answer
Soft Resetting for Shiny Starter (How do I Check)? General3 Answers
Can I delete my save data? How? Tech Support7 Answers
Fishing rod Location? Side Quest5 Answers
Where can I find professor's treasure? Side Quest3 Answers