This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. GTS - Why so many legendary requests?

User Info: yami_riku

yami_riku
6 years ago#1
How come so many people put up lame Pokemon and request legendary Pokemon?
The number of people is high so I'm curious...
Love is shady _ Love is tragic _ It's hard to bury the hatchet _ Holdin' a chainsaw ~~~ [The Band Perry]

User Info: LordVhaerun

LordVhaerun
6 years ago#2
That's the tactic I use to trade between my two games since I only have one 3ds. I put up a bunnelby or a bidoof on the game I want to trade *to* asking for what I want, then I change games. Boot up GTS find my name in the list and trade away!

Alternatively, maybe they're just trying to get lucky. There are a lot of gullible people out there.
Need Friend Safaris in Pokemon X: 3DS FC 0361 - 6539 - 0537. PM me if you add.
Type: Ghost. Pokemon: Phantump, Golurk, Shuppet.

User Info: FuzzyGorochu

FuzzyGorochu
6 years ago#3
It's mostly kids. Or trolls.
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket

User Info: beebarb

beebarb
6 years ago#4
-Silly people who think the D/P GTS bug still exists
-Scammers
-GTS Trolls

Take your pick.
Experience beats bias, but words on the Internet are meaningless.
3DS XL FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 0047-4149-5185 / White FC: 0348-0626-6780

User Info: yami_riku

yami_riku
6 years ago#5
Hmmm I see

Cheers to those who put up decent trades
Love is shady _ Love is tragic _ It's hard to bury the hatchet _ Holdin' a chainsaw ~~~ [The Band Perry]

User Info: jaxson_bateman

jaxson_bateman
6 years ago#6
I like to imagine it's people hoping to get lucky. Though sometimes a request *might* be more reasonable, like a decently desirable shiny or whatnot.
3DS FC: 4055-4159-3260; PM if you want me to add you for Friend Safari goodness! Mine is fairy with Dedenne, Jigglypuff, and Floette (red flower).

User Info: legitgamer405

legitgamer405
6 years ago#7
I usually just put in Scatterbugs and ask for another Scatterbug. But yesterday I decided to put in a Fletchling and ask for a Xerneas and someone traded me their Xerneas for a Fletchling lol.
3DS FC: 1564-2580-9641. PM me if you wanna add me. :) Let's trade/battle!
Official Arceus of the Pokemon X and Y Boards!

User Info: LegoTechnic

LegoTechnic
6 years ago#8
I like the creative people who post something and then ask for a ditto with levels between 1 and 10. Still impossible, but you have to think for a second.
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero

User Info: tarzanmx

tarzanmx
6 years ago#9
I put up a Modest Eevee with 5 perfect IVs asking for an Articuno just to see if anyone would actually make the trade; mostly as an experiment.
I've yet to get one xD
Not changing this sig until I have at least one Shiny version of each Eeveelution.
1/9 done.

User Info: Catmeister

Catmeister
6 years ago#10
Put up a random Safari Frogadier for a Xerneas, mainly just for dex data purposes, and lo and behold, a few hours later i got one.

Taking advantage of others stupidly on GTS is fun.
Sigs are for people with something to say.
3DS FC 1633-4915-5991. Y Safari: Rock: Dwebble, Corsola, Rhydon.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. GTS - Why so many legendary requests?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers