This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do your Amie hearts really disappear when you trade a Pokemon?

User Info: paipr

paipr
6 years ago#1
Already fully super trained/amie'd my froakie before first forest, about to do the same with my Phantump, wasn't planning to trade evolve it till lvl 30ish, but then last night I read something about the Amie stuff being reset on trade. So I'm left wondering if I should just wait to Amie my Phantump until I decide to trade it or not.
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071

User Info: darxus

darxus
6 years ago#2
well, i did the same with a gengar, and they do disappear.
so if you want to keep your pokemon in liking you in pokeamie, don't trade it...
but it takes 30 minutes to get the 5 hearts if you keep playing with it all the time. well, to me it was.
furfrou all the way! <3
3DS FC: 5215-0434-3377

User Info: paipr

paipr
6 years ago#3
darxus posted...
well, i did the same with a gengar, and they do disappear.
so if you want to keep your pokemon in liking you in pokeamie, don't trade it...
but it takes 30 minutes to get the 5 hearts if you keep playing with it all the time. well, to me it was.

did you feed it or just strait up playing those mini games? yeah, doesn't take long, but still makes the continued use (and introduction of yet more) trade evolvers all the more annoying.
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071

User Info: Matezoide

Matezoide
6 years ago#4
Thats weird, my Swirlix's Affection was not affected when i traded her for evolution.

Maybe some pokemon dont lose affection if you trade back quickly enough?

User Info: mustardpi314

mustardpi314
6 years ago#5
i traded my yveltal to my friend and back and it kept its (max) affection
3DS FC: 3067-5413-4848 Pkmn Y name: Bric - PM for friend safari (Bronzong, Mawile, Metang)
Official Ninetales of the Pokemon X and Y boards

User Info: Tali_Zorah

Tali_Zorah
6 years ago#6
I think there's a bug related to this, tbh

I had my Gengar evolved with max affection and it came back with max affection, but it doesn't seem to be getting any of the perks. I could see it just being bad luck with the whole not getting dodge / crit / status recovery procs, but I can't even pat it after it defeats an opposing pokemon, which is something that you can do with pokemon that are at ~3-4 hearts, let alone 5.

So yeah, I think there's a bug with traded pokemon that makes it display 5 hearts, but function like it has no hearts.
3DS Friend Code: 5043 1777 9788
Safari pokemon: Grumpig, Girafarig, Woboffet. PM me if you add me.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do your Amie hearts really disappear when you trade a Pokemon?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A