This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bullet Punch, Metal Claw, Ice Punch, or Poison Jab for Lucario?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Bullet Punch, Metal Claw, Ice Punch, or Poison Jab for Lucario?

User Info: Pervert_Kuhn

Pervert_Kuhn
4 years ago#1
I know I made a topic similar to this before, but it's archived now, and I'm now seriously starting to breed for good Lucario.

Bullet Punch is weak at 40 BP, but is a priority STAB, and that's nifty, especially with Mega Lucario's ability bring that BP up to 80.

Metal Claw is 50 BP, 95 ACC, with a 10% chance to raise ATK (negligible). Mega Lucario brings it up to 100 BP.

Poison Jab is 80 BP with a 30% chance to poison, which is pretty significant. Good for Fairies.

Ice Punch is 75 BP, with a 10% chance to freeze, and has no STAB. Good for Dragons.

My other planned moves:

Swords Dance
Extreme Speed
Close Combat

I'm tossing these ideas around for coverage's sake. My other planned team members at this point are Greninja and Sylveon. SInce I'll be using a Sylveon, Ice Punch probably won't be as necessary (though it will still protect against Ground), since Sylveon will deal with dragons decently. Plus, I was thinking of giving Greninja Ice Beam.

Now, I'm inexperienced completely when it comes to competitive, but I see the best contenders for this fourth move as Bullet Punch and Poison Jab. In Mega form, both will have 80 BP. Bullet Punch with have priority, but apart from Fairy, it won't hit anything that Close Combat can't hit better. Meanwhile, Poison Jab covers Fairy and, for what little it's worth, Grass. Also, that 30% poison rate is pretty good.

What do you guys think?
The Official Almaz von Almandine Adamant of the Disgaea 4 Board
"****ing blocks...I'm gonna climb the **** outta you!"

User Info: Pics_nao_plz

Pics_nao_plz
4 years ago#2
Isn't Fairy weak to steel too? Guess you could take Poison Jab off but what the **** do I know. Never battled competitively a day in my life
http://i.imgur.com/40Xvf.jpg
You like yes?

User Info: Arkkana

Arkkana
4 years ago#3
Bullet Punch. No second thoughts.
The cold,cynical,pessimistic FOB.
3DS FC: 2723-9024-7215

User Info: spyke252

spyke252
4 years ago#4
Bullet punch for priority over poison jab, no contest.
3DS Friend Code: 1762-2759-6308 Safari: Diggersby, Sandshrew, Camerupt
PM me if added.

User Info: Mewtwo_soul

Mewtwo_soul
4 years ago#5
Bulet Punch is more useful than Metal Claw in my opinion. Ice punch is a nice sub choice, but overall Bullet Punch all the way.
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.

Pervert_Kuhn
4 years ago#6
Pics_nao_plz posted...
Isn't Fairy weak to steel too? Guess you could take Poison Jab off but what the **** do I know. Never battled competitively a day in my life

Yeah, Fairy is weak to Steel, same as Poison. My question ends up being mostly priority vs. poison chance and slightly more coverage.

User Info: Arkkana

Arkkana
4 years ago#7
I bet Extremespeed is there to handle the multitude of Talonflames and Greninjas, right? I like the way you think.
The cold,cynical,pessimistic FOB.
3DS FC: 2723-9024-7215

Pervert_Kuhn
4 years ago#8
Arkkana posted...
I bet Extremespeed is there to handle the multitude of Talonflames and Greninjas, right? I like the way you think.

To be honest, I didn't put much thought into it beyond: "It's an ultra-high priority with 90 BP on a Swords Dance Lucario". xD

User Info: Return_of_the_V

Return_of_the_V
4 years ago#9
Honestly, I'd drop ExtremeSpeed for the priority Steel attack.

The thing about Poison is, it's still only super effective against 2 things and you have the better (and priority) option of Steel anyways. And let's look at the most common Fairy type right now, Klefki. Steel/Fairy, immune to poison. That's not even a unique typing, as Mega/Mawile is also Steel/Fairy.

tbh I'm more inclined to fill the fourth slot with either Ice, Fire, or Rock, just to round out your coverage nicely. That's Ice Punch (idk how you plan to get this in current gen), Blaze Kick (Egg Move), or Stone Edge (TM).
IGN: Suiteheart
FC: 0877-1271-5967

User Info: neonplanets

neonplanets
4 years ago#10
Bullet punch for dem gengars.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Bullet Punch, Metal Claw, Ice Punch, or Poison Jab for Lucario?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived