This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Pokeradar chaining has a direct effect on IV's

User Info: StudDude

StudDude
5 years ago#1
Ive been spent a lot of hours messing with the pokeradar and i think i've finally mastered it. I've learned a few things:

The higher the chain, the better the IVs of the pokemon. I caught a shiny pokemon on chain #7 and he had bad IVs and not a single perfect one. I also caught three different shinies on chain #40 and all the 3 of them had superior IVs and 2 perfect IVs.

Dont know if this was already a known thing, but i just found out after a lot of testing. Which makes me wonder, why if i keep the chain? To 60, 80, or even 100? Could the caught shiny have 5IVs? Who would be willing to risk losing a chain of 40 to test this theory?

Also, the catchy song that randomly starts sounding definetely means something. Im yet to find out what.

User Info: Viking_Mudcrap

Viking_Mudcrap
5 years ago#2
Care to explain how to chain?

In much detail if you can.

User Info: Xavuu

Xavuu
5 years ago#3
That song makes me freak out. PM me if you figure out what it is. :)
Choice Band STAB surprise Quick Attack; Staraptor.
Currently testing Choice Scarf Staraptor. Will update sig if better.

User Info: Gameandwatch2

Gameandwatch2
5 years ago#4
According to the Japanese wiki, the max number of flawless IVs you can be guaranteed is three at a chain of 60+.
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937
3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
5 years ago#5
I caught more than a whole box of Furfou when I was chaining for a shiny (catching helps increase the odds of the chain continuing). I was going to comb through them and toss out any one that didn't have a perfect IV (in case I felt like breeding a perfect one later), but while going through the box and looking at their characteristics on the summary screen, every one had something perfect. I haven't checked them individually to see if they had multiple perfect ones, but I definitely noticed this.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: Absolutezero93

Absolutezero93
5 years ago#6
Yeah, I made a topic about this as well. All my chained shinies also have 2 max IV stats. Pretty cool new feature they added.
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
5 years ago#7
According to the Japanese wiki, the max number of flawless IVs you can be guaranteed is three at a chain of 60+.

Well that's a bit disappointing considering the effort going into it... But then again, it's actually really good and we're getting spoiled by all of the free IVs that this game throws at us in multiple areas.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: StudDude

StudDude
5 years ago#8
3 perfect IVs? May try to go for a 60 chain next, very risky especially if the perfect IVs end up sucking. There must be a way to guarantee perfect IVs on relevant stats. Anyway, this game has so much new features that we are finding out with each day, brings me back to the old pokemon red days where we literally didnt knew a thing about the game.

I could write a detailed guide on chaining if anybody is interested? Im no pro, but i went from barely getting a chain of 10 two days ago to catching 4 shinies in a few hours today.

User Info: Absolutezero93

Absolutezero93
5 years ago#9
StudDude posted...
3 perfect IVs? May try to go for a 60 chain next, very risky especially if the perfect IVs end up sucking. There must be a way to guarantee perfect IVs on relevant stats. Anyway, this game has so much new features that we are finding out with each day, brings me back to the old pokemon red days where we literally didnt knew a thing about the game.

I could write a detailed guide on chaining if anybody is interested? Im no pro, but i went from barely getting a chain of 10 two days ago to catching 4 shinies in a few hours today.

Good luck with that. My highest is 47 but tbh I usually purposely try to brake my chain once I get my shiny.
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
5 years ago#10
I think it's just that chained shinies at 40 will have two max IVs, but it doesn't have an effect on the overall IV total. My Phantump has max HP and attack, but the judge said the potential was above average overall.

If Pokemon at 60+ have three max IVs, presumably 80+ would have four, 100+ would have five, and 120+ would have six. Presumably. I'm not about to go test it though.
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Pokeradar chaining has a direct effect on IV's
  • Topic Archived