This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How do I ensure hitmonchan gets the right ability?

User Info: viewtifullink99

viewtifullink99
5 years ago#1
Okay I was trying to breed my hitmonchan with lonely nature and iron fist ability into a tyrogue with the same nature. I gave it an everstone and succeeded in breeding the tyrogue with the Evs the way I wanted them and lonely nature. I evolved it into a hitmonchan again just now though and he ended up with keen eye ability.

I'd much rather he have iron fist. Is there any way to control that? If I reset to before he evolved and try evolving again would that possibly work or are their future's set when they're children? Will I have to re-breed.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0275 7830 8036
Pokemon in Safari: Dunsparce, Audino, Eevee

User Info: NegaZelda

NegaZelda
5 years ago#2
Tyrogue needs to have Steadfast if you want Iron Fist on Hitmonchan. Guts gets you Keen Eye. As is, you could always use the Ability Capsule to switch abilities.
If life gives you lemons, sell 'em to Tom Nook.
Black 2 FC: 0132-9980-0476, 3DS FC: 5284-2520-2972 (Pokemon IGN: Aki)

User Info: viewtifullink99

viewtifullink99
5 years ago#3
Dang! Well thanks for letting me know. Guess this one is going off to wonder trade then.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0275 7830 8036
Pokemon in Safari: Dunsparce, Audino, Eevee
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How do I ensure hitmonchan gets the right ability?
  • Topic Archived