This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Trading glitch could lead to cloning?

User Info: Takaoldaria

Takaoldaria
5 years ago#1
So I was trying to trade a Wartortle for a friend's Heracross. After a while of Internet being stupid, we finally managed to get into the menu, we started the trade and Internet got stupid again, crashing our games with the "Communication Error, hold down Power to turn off the console".

When when loaded our saves, it turned out I kept the Wartortle, but his Heracross got "overwritten" by my Wartortle, more or less creating a clone.

We tried again with other Pokémon, purposefully disabling wireless communications during the trades, but nothing exciting happened.

One more experiment? We tried turning off the power during the trade, but no results either.

So. Since this could lead to some kind of cloning, how about some of you experiment a bit more on that?

To anyone willing to experiment more on this, good luck!
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png Gen V RNG Abuser, and proud of it!
3DS FC : 0103-9288-7308

User Info: tcsavato

tcsavato
5 years ago#2
Very interesting indeed. I guess this confirms it works over Wi Fi and not just local.

Interested to see where this leads.

User Info: WillLair

WillLair
5 years ago#3
I'm the other part of this glitch, I received the Wartortle and my Heracross was lost to oblivion xD

Things that happened during the trade:

1.- I sent the invite.
2.- Right after the Wartortle pops out of the pokeball, the error message appears
3.- My pokemon was originally in a Box, not in the party
4.- Several attempts to trade were made, but because of poor internet connection none of them was successful. The one we're reporting is the only one where we actually managed to SEE the trading animation, the other attempts didn't get past selection.

User Info: AxelRipcurl

AxelRipcurl
5 years ago#4
Very interesting. Why did it overwrite his Heracross and not you Wartortle? Surely with Wi-Fi it would change them at the same time.
Ploppers.
Pokemon Y FC: 4768-7638-5019 FS: Ice, Cloyster, Bergmite, Spheal

User Info: AxelRipcurl

AxelRipcurl
5 years ago#5
Did you try disabling wireless about a second before you originally received the message? This could all be down to some very accurate timing.
Ploppers.
Pokemon Y FC: 4768-7638-5019 FS: Ice, Cloyster, Bergmite, Spheal

User Info: OCShoes

OCShoes
5 years ago#6
Hmm, you guys must have had it happen to you differently. I had the exact same thing happen to me (one of the DSes actually crashed) and even saw my aerodactyl get received, but when I turned it back on/exited trade both 'mons were in their original games.
Hades is Lord. Repent, ye sinners, and weep.
Hey look, who cares? 1091 7966 0075 3DS FC

User Info: toatsycoatsy

toatsycoatsy
5 years ago#7
reminds me back in gen 1 when you'd switch both gameboys off at a specific time

ah memories
X/Y: CHRIS/SUMMER: 1779-0809-9328
Safari: Water- Gyarados, Bibarel, Frogadier

User Info: WillLair

WillLair
5 years ago#8
About that, we got the error message around the same time, though he told me the message popped up around the time the pokemon switch sides and then the one you're recieving goes down to the bottom screen.

This sort of glitch/bug has a strong resemblance with the cloning Link Cable glitch back in the day of Red, Green and Blue.

Kinda leads me to think it was on purpose... with all the in-game refferences to 1st gen.

User Info: PascalToG

PascalToG
5 years ago#9
Shut up why do you want a cloning glitch to ruin trading?

User Info: BossBang

BossBang
5 years ago#10
toatsycoatsy posted...
reminds me back in gen 1 when you'd switch both gameboys off at a specific time

ah memories

That's exactly what this is.

You know how it says dont turn off the power? Yeah, doing that would freak the game out.
Its totally fine, sir. I seem to do quite well for a stretch and then at the end of the sentence I say the wrong cranberry.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Trading glitch could lead to cloning?
  • Topic Archived