This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is there a difference between leftovers and shell bell?

User Info: PrettyTonyTiger

PrettyTonyTiger
8 years ago#1
I always see setups recommeding leftovers. But is the shell bell the same thing kinda or no?

User Info: Dark Young Link

Dark Young Link
8 years ago#2
Shell Bell heals based off how much damage you do.

Leftovers heals you every turn.

Leftovers is generally considered the better item.

User Info: YoyokuKO

YoyokuKO
8 years ago#3
leftovers adds more iirc

User Info: Tigo73

Tigo73
8 years ago#4
Leftovers recovers 6% of a Pokemon´s HP every turn.

Shell Bell recovers your health based on a percentage of the damage you dealt.
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.

User Info: Xavuu

Xavuu
8 years ago#5
Ehh... The shell bell absorbs a percent. Unless you are fighting something with huge HP like Blissey, it will be far inferior to leftovers, also, you don't need to attack if you have leftovers. Black sludge is a beter version of leftovers for poison types though.
STAB Quick Attack. Staraptor.

User Info: PrettyTonyTiger

PrettyTonyTiger
8 years ago#6
Oh ok lol the description looked like it just says it restores health to me.

User Info: Zswordmaster

Zswordmaster
8 years ago#7
There are few kits that get mroe from shell bell, generally I see it used on pokemon with lots of 'recoil' moves and the leftovers is better applied to a pokemon who has more HP. As shell bell heals based on damage out put and leftovers heal over all HP.

For example: Aegislash has pretty terrible max HP at 60, but has rediculous attack and sp attack. It'd probably get more HP per turn from Shell Bell 'leeching' than Leftover passives, this would leave your leftovers to be used on your, say, Togekiss, Blissey, or Vaporeon who have MUCH higher max HP and would get more HP per turn from it.
I'm not being rude, you're just insignificant.
*Certified Gifted and talented, thinking on a higher level than 99% of people my age.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is there a difference between leftovers and shell bell?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A