This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How do i pass down abilities in breeding?

User Info: JSasRays

JSasRays
6 years ago#1
I have a female quirky inkay with contrary. I want a different nature for example adamant most likely but would like to keep the ability contrary.

Now I know to pass down natures you let either the mother or the father with the nature you want the baby to have to hold an ever stone.

so if I breed it with a male ditto or other Pokemon with adamant holding an ever stone, will the baby have the ability contrary? Thank you for the help
"Are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over. Analyst and Therapist. The worlds first Analrapist" - Tobias Funke

JSasRays
6 years ago#2
Bump
3ds FC- 4055-3670-4662

User Info: marioparty17

marioparty17
6 years ago#3
Everstone to said natured parent
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature #ReleaseDart/Abe

JSasRays
6 years ago#4
I know how to pass down natures. I was wondering about abilities or hidden abilities
3ds FC- 4055-3670-4662

JSasRays
6 years ago#5
Bump please help
3ds FC- 4055-3670-4662

User Info: Minwe

Minwe
6 years ago#6
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Breed#Inheriting_Abilities
3DS FC: 0533-4739-8285, Poke FS = Octillery, Gyarados, Frogadier.

User Info: zersetzor

zersetzor
6 years ago#7
Passing on Abilities is largely a matter of chance:
If you breed any Pokemon with a Ditto, the offspring will have any ability the non-Ditto parent can have. For it to have a chance of getting its Hidden ability though, the non-Ditto parent must have the Hidden Ability. This is no guarantee to getting it for the child though, but otherwise there isn't even a chance.
If you are trying to breed two Pokemon with neither being a Ditto the offspring will be of the same species as the mother (exceptions are the Nidoran-lines I think where both kinds may occur) and will also inherit her Ability. That means for the child to have a chance of having its Hidden Ability in this case, the mother must have it. The fathers Ability is of no matter in this case.
For your Inkay this means you can just breed it with a Ditto and some of the Offspring will have Contrary.
FC: 1719 - 3373 - 7685
Friend Safari: Ground: Diggersby, Dugtrio, Sandshrew

User Info: zersetzor

zersetzor
6 years ago#8
As your Inkay is female, you may breed it with whatever is compatible to it and still have a chance on getting a Contrary-Inkay
FC: 1719 - 3373 - 7685
Friend Safari: Ground: Diggersby, Dugtrio, Sandshrew

User Info: iTPCi

iTPCi
6 years ago#9
my male bulba passed down Chlorophyll with ditto

the last three bulbas (male and female) all had Chlorophyll
FC: 3325-2301-9997
Name: Bails
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How do i pass down abilities in breeding?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A