This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Wait what? Why is Mewtwo female in Genesect and Legend Awakened?

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
5 years ago#11
I think there are two aswell, the original Mewtwo knew Ash and has encountered him twice (I think), this Mewtwo is from the Kanto region whilst the female one is from an unknown region.

I call this female Mewtwo the Y version as her Mega Evolution is the Y version, I think the male Mewtwo's would be the X version Mega Evolution.
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.

User Info: Nextgrandcross

Nextgrandcross
5 years ago#12
Not the same Mewtwo people.

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
5 years ago#13
As it's been said, that's not the same Mewtwo.

Also Mewtwo has never been male or female in the anime.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

WingZero0782
5 years ago#14
Lexifox posted...
As it's been said, that's not the same Mewtwo.

Also Mewtwo has never been male or female in the anime.

I've only seen Mewtwo in the original series when it was covered in that Guyver type armour and kicked Garry's Pokemon's ass in the gym battle against Giovanni, and the two movies with the male one.

I don't think Mewtwo meant to have a gender, I'm sure it was gender-less like Mew (although Mew looks female).
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.

User Info: Pencil

Pencil
5 years ago#15
Raikuro posted...
maybe its supposed to be like dbz and rurouni kenshin where they just feel like giving the dude a chick voice.

No. He had a male voice in the Japanese dub as well in the first movie/ special.
3DS: 4313-0687-5263
Useless information to follow below.

User Info: Nightstar1994

Nightstar1994
5 years ago#16
bonann posted...
Raikuro posted...
maybe its supposed to be like dbz and rurouni kenshin where they just feel like giving the dude a chick voice.

No. He had a male voice in the Japanese dub as well in the first movie/ special.

inb4peoplemisreadyourpost
Pokemon Y: Schneizel
FC: 4124 - 5013 - 1344

User Info: gohoanq

gohoanq
5 years ago#17
It is really weird that they can make MORE Mewtwo's like that.. :/ If that new Mewtwo is the Y then I'm going to guess the original Mewtwo is the X version. I'd love to see a movie/special with them fighting lol

As for the person that posted saying they consider Mewtwo a pseudo legendary.. if anything, it's not the original that is pseudo, it's the clone of the clone that is a pseudo. lol
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.

User Info: GastroFan

GastroFan
5 years ago#18
The reason the voice for Mewtwo is different is due to the different production company that did this movie as compared to the other Mewtwo movie, or so I've been told anyway. For Kids TV did the casting for the first Mewtwo; a different group did the casting for Mewtwo this time. The two groups apparently don't use the same actors or visualize characters the same way since the voice for Ash has changed over the years as well.

WingZero0782
5 years ago#19
GastroFan posted...
The reason the voice for Mewtwo is different is due to the different production company that did this movie as compared to the other Mewtwo movie, or so I've been told anyway. For Kids TV did the casting for the first Mewtwo; a different group did the casting for Mewtwo this time. The two groups apparently don't use the same actors or visualize characters the same way since the voice for Ash has changed over the years as well.

But this Mewtwo didn't know Ash, the original one did, Ash doesn't remember Mewtwo because he wiped their memory, but then again I don't think he did in Mewtwo Returns.

So why don't they recognise eachother and why was she a ***** to Ash when he spoke to her?

My favourite Pokemon is Mewtwo (Pikachu aswell) and this bugged me in the new film.

I'm sticking with Mega X is male and Mega Y is female.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Wait what? Why is Mewtwo female in Genesect and Legend Awakened?
  • Topic Archived