This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. WARNING: Do NOT Save Outside in Lumiose City!

User Info: PPPPLAASSUMA

PPPPLAASSUMA
5 years ago#191
I saved outside in Lumiose facing the taxi exactly like TC said, *literally* JUST before coming on to GFAQS and finding this topic.

I checked though, and thankfully I was fine. I then saved inside the restaurant instead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.

User Info: wahaha911

wahaha911
5 years ago#192
Pale_Heart posted...
They should rename the city to... Silent Hill.

>_<
Well, I'm having one of those days where you wake up and feel like complete and utter crap.

User Info: DarkKirby2500

DarkKirby2500
5 years ago#193
Mewtwo_soul posted...
GamerFan210 posted...
GRTooCool posted...
GamerFan210 posted...
I really don't know what you're talking about I have saved nine times inside the city, three times next to each cab, and my game has yet to freeze. It may be your copy or your 3DS in general because if I haven't encountered it I doubt it's a game breaking bug.

Just because YOU haven't encountered it doesn't mean it's not a game breaking bug my friend.

It sucks for everyone else that have encountered it. I haven't reached that city myself yet, but from what I mentioned on Page 5 that out of habit... I have always saved my game (when finishing up) inside a Pokemon Center after I healed my Pokemon. So I should be good. But again, it sucks for people who got this problem and I hope Nintendo/GameFreak is aware and are working on a fix for it as soon as possible.

If it was a game breaking bug it would happen to all of us not just you. Watching all the X and Y videos no one else has frozen like you so it's quite obvious its either your copy or your 3DS.

I hope you aren't serious.

When Skyrim came out, there were multiple game breaking bugs that only affected a small portion of the fan base.

The PS3 version was extremely bad, to the point at first, nigh unplayable.

Just because something doesn't affect everyone, doesn't mean it's not a game breaking bug and or glitch.

No.

Bethesda didn't even fix 1/2 of the problems in the end before they stopped supporting it. Oblivion was very much the same.

If you had the games on PC you had the fortune of console commands and mods made by the community that fixed all these problems.

It doesn't help that Nintendo is well known far practically non existent after market support.
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>

User Info: Arrei

Arrei
5 years ago#194
Alright, so what we know is:

-Can happen in both physical and digital copies.
-Can happen even after the blackout is over, so it isn't just early game.
-Has happened in South Boulevard and Centrico Plaza at the minimum, so chances are good it can happen anywhere in the city.
-Some people have saved and loaded fine, so either it doesn't affect every copy, there's some kind of additional trigger that causes the problem, and/or certain spots are safe.
3DS friend code: 1977-0588-7595 ACNL: Lloyd from Iselia
Dream Code 5100-2227-1571, come pay a dream visit to scenic Iselia!

User Info: Scattered-Ember

Scattered-Ember
5 years ago#195
I'm terrified I'll do it accidentantly, but it's good to know that the word is getting out =)

User Info: N7Spectre707

N7Spectre707
5 years ago#196
Yeah I feel for all the players who don't frequent boards, but everyone who has seen this thread should just play it safe and either save inside a building or in a different place altogether.
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
5 years ago#197
hahahahahahaha..... what?

first Other M, then Skyward Sword, now Pokémon

what's up with all the game ending glitches lately, Nintendo?
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: pokabu82

pokabu82
5 years ago#198
I have a physical copy of X, and decided to test to see if this glitch would activate. The blackout was still ongoing at the time; I had just recently reached the city with the fossil lab. After saving at a few random locations, I saved next to a cab (not sure exactly which one though, was in the southern area though), and the glitch did activate. Removing the SD card did nothing, and the glitch remained. So, it can happen to physical copies, and it isn't limited to just one version.

User Info: Kudaku

Kudaku
5 years ago#199
Has anyone told Serebii? that site seems like it could help spread fast for pokemon news.
3DS FC: 0404 6379 1479

User Info: Arrei

Arrei
5 years ago#200
pokabu82 posted...
I have a physical copy of X, and decided to test to see if this glitch would activate. The blackout was still ongoing at the time; I had just recently reached the city with the fossil lab. After saving at a few random locations, I saved next to a cab (not sure exactly which one though, was in the southern area though), and the glitch did activate. Removing the SD card did nothing, and the glitch remained. So, it can happen to physical copies, and it isn't limited to just one version.

If you have time, keep trying to reload that glitch save to see if you can unfreeze it. Would be nice to know if that proposed fix has a chance to work.

This lends credence to the theory that it's certain areas that cause the glitch, though.
3DS friend code: 1977-0588-7595 ACNL: Lloyd from Iselia
Dream Code 5100-2227-1571, come pay a dream visit to scenic Iselia!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. WARNING: Do NOT Save Outside in Lumiose City!
  • Topic Archived