This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wish GF worked with Smogon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I wish GF worked with Smogon

User Info: Golurkcanfly

Golurkcanfly
4 years ago#121
The Eternal Evil posted...
Let's put it this way. Say all pokemon right now that were fully evolved were made competitively viable (gamefreak has proven some desire for this with DW abilities) who would be hurt in this scenario? Which playerbase would the Timmy, the Johhny, or the Spike would be driven away in droves.

The Timmy, if he ever became competitive would be thrilled. All the Pokemon he liked for appearance and flashiness or even cuteness is now battle worthy.

The Johnny? He has about 300 fully evolved pokemon to work with for abilities and various strengths and weaknesses to find his own niche winning team.

The Spike? Has all the strategies to come up with that they ever dreamed of wanting to come up with the best ways to win. They already have more then 30 fully evolved pokemon that they consider worthy after all as winning strategies.

So by the MTG ccg comparison, who is driven away making all pokemon Spike level Pokemon, which is what would be needed to make this comparison even remotely comparable. You need it to be something driving players away.

So prove who it drives away, who it alienates like it can in MTG and has proven to do so in the past for this CCG. Prove how too many Spike pokemon would alienate the Timmy and Johnny or Spike.

The problem with buffing all the weaker Pokemon is that some Pokemon are meant to be weaker than others. Pokemon like Garchomp, Volcarona, and such are meant to be very strong. Making all the Pokemon competitively viable would be eliminating what it means to be strong or weak.
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.

User Info: The Eternal Evil

The Eternal Evil
4 years ago#122
No he simply made the assertation that if all pokemon were made for spike players that it would cause the other two types to be alienated using mirrodin as a false example comparable to pokemon.

Also some pokemon would still be weaker. Its called not fully evolved forms and I notice I didn't say equal stats or equal strength I said all competitively viable thuse spike pokemon.
One Trainer to rule them all, One Trainer to find them,
One Trainer to catch them all and in the Pokeball bind them. Legend of Legacy.

User Info: The Eternal Evil

The Eternal Evil
4 years ago#123
You somehow act like all competitively viable pokemon somehow don't have strengths and weaknesses as is. Like all currently viable pokemon are the same strength or something, that they are all equal.

Somehow I don't think the people in this topic know the difference between what is spike viable versus what is too strong or equal strength. All spike viable does not mean all same strength. And if any of you were talking the magic comparison you should know not all spike viable cards are also same strength which continues to show me the arguement lacks merit.
One Trainer to rule them all, One Trainer to find them,
One Trainer to catch them all and in the Pokeball bind them. Legend of Legacy.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I wish GF worked with Smogon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived